My braces are 1 today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

My braces are 1 today!

#1 Post by newmetal »

Ive been braced exactly one year today. The year has been tough and ive found braces tougher than i imagined, the sores, the dry mouth, the pain after each adjustment..... but all of this is outweighed by the progress which i have witnessed on this journey.

bracesafter40

#2 Post by bracesafter40 »

Sweet! Way to go!
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

cwatt1

#3 Post by cwatt1 »

Nice going, Newmetal!

Happy Braceaversary :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Miss Smiley

#4 Post by Miss Smiley »

Happy braceversary you lucky duck!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

ccrisis

#5 Post by ccrisis »

Happy Anniversary!!!! Your teeth look great. Any idea how long 'til you're done?
Braced 03-09-07
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

Sparrow76

#6 Post by Sparrow76 »

Congratulations!!!! It's the pride and hard-earned achievement of people like you that inspire me to embark on this journey!

newmetal

#7 Post by newmetal »

Thanks for all the responses. The year has flown by, it seems like yesterday that i got them fitted. If anyone is reading this and thinking about braces id advise you to go for it as it is well worth while.

I don't know how long i have left yet, id say a good few months if not another year as my left side bite still needs a bit of work.

Once again, Thanks for the messages.

Newmetal