How to brush teeth with ceramic braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

justbraced07

How to brush teeth with ceramic braces?

#1 Post by justbraced07 »

Hello! I have just got my braces put on my uppers (ceramic braces).

Do you brush the braces? I was afraid I would break the wire or something.

Oh, and did your wire look uneven? My teeth are fairly uneven and my wire looks way uneven!

platinum

#2 Post by platinum »

I use an electric tootbrush. I have ceramic uppers, and I have managed to get my toothbrush stuck to my bracket. I dont have this problem with my lower metal brackets.

babyduck

#3 Post by babyduck »

I have ceramic uppers and metal lowers, and I don't change my brushing style from one to the other. My DA went over brushing procedures with me and never mentioned that I should be extra careful over the ceramics or anything. It is recommended that you use soft bristled toothbrushes. I go back and forth between a Crest electric and a manual brush the ortho sent me home with...and, of course, my travel toothbrush when I'm out.

My wire is pretty crooked, too, but then so are my teeth. I'm sure you're more aware of it than anyone else would be. It seems that all the brackets were placed in the center of each individual tooth, so I'm sure that as my teeth begin to straighten out, so will the wire. Hang in there!

Stacy

Dimples

#4 Post by Dimples »

I have ceramic uppers and metal lowers, and I use a soft bristled tooth brush with the little proxy brush on the end. My D.A instructed me to brush as usual ( on a 45 degree angle) My brackets are fine. I also have a cordless waterpik that I use, along with flossing, tongue scraping, and mouth wash :D

Poeticbraces

#5 Post by Poeticbraces »

Thank you KwK The video is most informative (as are most of the videos on the site you have pointed to). I will need such information as of tomorrow when I am getting upper ceramic braces.