POLL: HOW MANY OF YOU ARE OVER 40????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

timsmith

#16 Post by timsmith »

I started at 48 this March, big 50 next June and hopefully by then heading for completion. After 5 months I can say it's no big deal but I wish I had started earlier. Anyway, the second 50 years will be with great teeth and no headache's!!

Tim

Clarity ceramic uppers, In Ovation metal lowers, 18 by 25 archwires and powerchain on top front 4

iBorg

#17 Post by iBorg »

I started this a few days short of 48. I had hoped to be wire free for my 50th. My ortho and I changed treatment plans and I really don't know (or care) how old I'll be when we're done. As long as I have less TMJ and grinding issues I'll be happy. If I have a nice smile I'll be ecstatic. I figure that will be around 52. (Of course I don't feel that old most of the time)

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Clo

#18 Post by Clo »

Héhé Rainy,

"43 here and getting mine on next week."

is exactly what I would answer here. Kind of a second timer though braces-wise.
I posted about this here last week.

HeadgearJoe

#19 Post by HeadgearJoe »

looking at the big 50 in oct, maybe finished this month however
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

joney

#20 Post by joney »

Got my brace a few days before my 42nd birthday. Hope to have them off before I'm 44.

Sounds like it might be party time for you KK in October.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

SandraJones

#21 Post by SandraJones »

I'm happy to see other over-40's here. :-)

I am 46 and getting braces again in 2 weeks ! I've got the separators in place right now. I had braces as a teen, started out with a palate expander and a pronged torture device to stop tongue thrusting (didn't work). Anterior open bite persisted until I had a Le Fort I procedure at age 19. I was given a sh*tty retainer after braces and never wore it (was a mouthguard type thing which I had to bite into 2 hours each day ! I wouldn't even use it now as an adult !), so my teeth slowly and steadily went out of alignment. I am actually very happy to get braces again even though I know it's going to be a PITA ! SO good for us who aren't afraid of some pain and inconvenience in order to have nicer teeth and better bites. :-)

KathyC

#22 Post by KathyC »

I'm 47 and I just had a consultation with my Ortho yesterday. My next appointment will be a records appointment for X-rays, pictures, etc. I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone.

Abell

#23 Post by Abell »

I first went to see an orthodontist when I was 37 years old. After some procrastinating, I went back at 41 and 2 days before I was to have 2 teeth extracted, I backed out. When my son got his braces off and I saw how great they looked, I decided it was now or never. I'm 48 and started treatment in June. I went with Invisalign which I was told in those early days, wasn't for me. I'm hoping for that great smile before I reach 50.

Andantae

#24 Post by Andantae »

I got braced the 2nd time around on my 47th birthday in May. THIS time around I hope to correct a number of issues which developed over the years, but especially to address my major underlying problem which is a 100% overbite. I'll be having a BSSO sometime within the next 12-16 months.

I, too, am excited to finally have a nice smile without compromised results! :D

sugarplum59

#25 Post by sugarplum59 »

I started the process in October 2006 at 47. If all goes according to plans I should have them off by March 2008 at the latest...which would be around my 49th birthday.

ellebee

#26 Post by ellebee »

I'm closer to 50 than to 40. Woohoo! Elle
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.

wired after 50

#27 Post by wired after 50 »

I turned 52 the month after I got my braces. I wish I had done this 40 years ago. It has been less than 4 months and I can not believe how far my teeth have come. I had the wires off for a few hours last week so I could get my teeth cleaned and for the first time since I can remember I did not shread the dental floss!!! Funny how the little things excite you. :lol:

Tin Indian

#28 Post by Tin Indian »

I just turned 54 years young in July. Had braces put on in September 06.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08