Clubbing or Drinking with braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CarpeDiem

Clubbing or Drinking with braces...

#1 Post by CarpeDiem »

Since getting my braces on it seems that everywhere I go people think my ID is fake. I'm young so I always have to show id anyway but since getting the braces on it's like I constantly have to prove that it's actually me. At first I was ok with it but lately it's almost like bouncers give me attitude about going into their club!! I have a hard time trying not to get angry! :shock:

Does this happen to anyone else?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I should be so lucky. :lol:

shoshiaf

#3 Post by shoshiaf »

Nope, doesn't happen to me. I guess you could try not smiling at the bouncer, then he wouldn't see your braces!

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Constantly. :(

I wondered aloud to a co-worker the other night about whether or not I will look any older when the braces come off later this month.

His response:

"Oh yeah. You'll be collectin' Social Security for sure!" :P

The real test will be October. We're going up to Reno for his birthday, and everytime I go near a THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR., security TRAILS me wherever I go. I got asked for my ID like 15 times in an hour once, all while sitting and playing one or two machines in the same area of the THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.. :shock:

(of course, I think what mystifies security even more is seeing this really young girl with braces who looks about 16 with a guy who is about 50.....we're just co-workers...friends...but he always gets acused of either being my father or a cradle robber! :lol: )
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hit and miss, some places think I'm young and other places think I'm a M'am. Since I'm only 5'2, it is harder to have people believe that I'm older when I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. When I'm dressed with make-up and heels, or in slacks and dress shirt for work, they don't bother calling me Miss.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

loulou123

#6 Post by loulou123 »

yes this happens to me alot to, im 27 and still getting asked for i.d.

okay so i do look young for my age, but this has been made way worse since getting the braces. (espcially im guessing in the uk as adults with braces are still pretty rare here,)

sometimes its anoying, especially if i have no i.d with me but i just try and see the funny side of it now.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

JesseJames

#7 Post by JesseJames »

I've always had a bit of a baby face (I'm 22) But yes, i get carded non stop now.
My worst experience so far was getting carded going into a rated R movie. My friends didn't let me live that down for weeks! lol

Amburly

#8 Post by Amburly »

I got braces about 2 months before I turned 21 so I am constantly being carded. I even had to have my id renewed during my braces treatment so you can see my braces in my id now.

SnowSara

#9 Post by SnowSara »

Yes, at 28 I get quizzical looks from servers and bartenders, but I always have my ID at the ready so they don't even have to ask ;)

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

MissDiana

#10 Post by MissDiana »

Sadly, no :)
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

platinum

#11 Post by platinum »

Almost everytime, but they ask papers from others too.
Sometimes they as mine (i am 31) but not my boyfriend's (he is 26) :)

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

Hey Lionfish ... if we had seniors card, I bet they'd reckon they were fakes! :banana: :rose: :jump: :rose: :banana:
Ah, you've made my day, KK. :D

bracesafter40

Re: Clubbing or Drinking with braces...

#13 Post by bracesafter40 »

Since getting my braces on it seems that everywhere I go people think my ID is fake. I'm young so I always have to show id anyway but since getting the braces on it's like I constantly have to prove that it's actually me. At first I was ok with it but lately it's almost like bouncers give me attitude about going into their club!! I have a hard time trying not to get angry! :shock:

Does this happen to anyone else?
Funny you mention that; I have not gotten carded as yet, but I am told that with braces I look younger; interesting huh? Don't sweat it, be grateful that you still get carded; this disappears with time and then you want to be carded, LOL.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

CarpeDiem

:)

#14 Post by CarpeDiem »

I'm definately thinking about taking another ID pic so that my braces show!

platinum

#15 Post by platinum »

My mouth is shut in picture I have in on my ID. I could not carry around an ID with a picture of me with braces.