Updated with PICS formerly NAKED TOMORROW!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iceolated

Updated with PICS formerly NAKED TOMORROW!!!!!

#1 Post by Iceolated »

So about three months ago my Ortho told me that my teeth have moved into alignment much faster than he had anticipated and that all things going well braces would be off in July or August. Exciting news.

I have had the same wires on my upper and lower for about 4 months now just holding my teeth in their correct positions. My last visit on May 30 my Ortho told me that July 11th would be my debracing day.

We took molds for my permanent lower retainer and my Hawley upper. I initially selected a clear Hawley but then called back about an hour later and asked them to switch it to TIGER STRIPE 8) . I thought what the heck my retainer is going to be even less visible than my braces...live a little.

So this time tomorrow I will have been brace free for almost 8 hrs. I will still contintue to visit the site and I would like to thank all the people who have posted their advice, comments and opinions. Our sharing of experiences is what makes all our journeys a little easier. The journey doesnt' seem quite as long when you have someone to talk to along the way.

I have met only two other people my age wearing braces which makes our virtual community all that much more important and helpful.

If I can sum up what I have learned from my short time as a MetalMouth participant it's that there are many ways to handle an issue but no one method fits everyone.

I have a co-worker who had braces as a teen and talked only of the pain and inconvenience they gave him. This was one of my concerns with getting braces but my journey has been far simplier and less painful than I initially imagined. In fact the most painful part for me was getting my ligatures changed at each visit. The tension of the dental assistants strecthing the ligs slightly to remove them hurt worse than my teeth moving - perhaps that highlights how fortunate my braces experience has been.

Doubt I'll sleep much tonight - just so excitied about tomorrow. Someone asked what's the first thing I'll eat when I get my braces off. I said the first thing I'm doing is brushing my teeth. I don't know what it's like to brush my teeth 'naked' since they've been straightened.

Tomorrow is the end of my braces but the beginning of something much bigger.

The people who I needed to support me DID! And that's all that counts. I saw a quote in a school hallway today it said...

Be what you are and say what you feel
Those who matter don't mind
Those who mind don't matter

I couldn't sum it up any better.

ICE
Last edited by Iceolated on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

DeirdreMarie

#2 Post by DeirdreMarie »

Hurrah!

Enjoy those slick teeth tomorrow!

red indian

Congratulations!

#3 Post by red indian »

Congrats. Nows the time to enjoy the rewards!

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

All the best, let me know how it goes, im getting mine off tomorrow too :D:D

LilRedPitViper

#5 Post by LilRedPitViper »

:jump: Congrats Ice and Angel! I hope everything goes great

I'm such a sucker for a good success story. :D

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

CONGRADULATIONS!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Iceolated

#7 Post by Iceolated »

Finally...the naked tooth.

Everything went fine. Took about an hour to get everything finished up. Only part that was a little uncomfortable was when theyremoved the glue from my incisors. Other than that taking the braces off was a lot less discomfort than those first few days after getting them on.

Got my tiger stripe Hawley. My wife (came with me to my un b-day) had quite a chuckle when she saw it as did the rest of the staff as I had told her I was getting a clear one. Had her take lots of pictures to capture the moments and I kept my braces and molar bands - they've been part of me for the last year or so.

Quite thrilled at my new smile....all said and done worth every dime of the $5100 we paid out of pocket.

Like they said in Alice in Wonderland...A very happy un b-day for me!!

ICE

Metal uppers May 2, 2006

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Glad to see everything went well... Can't wait to see them results :)

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

braced4asmile

#9 Post by braced4asmile »

Congrats on your debracing day! Hope to see pics!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

Congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Iceolated

PICS!

#11 Post by Iceolated »

So here are the before and after images of my braces journey. Before on top and after at the bottom...obviously.

Hope the image isn't too big but I wanted to show off my new choppers never had teeth in such a perfect arch before. Must have spent 10 minutes with the mirror on my un b-day.

I am very happy with the way my upper arch filled out and how nicely my teeth now mate together. Permanent retainer takes a little getting used to but overall I think it a heck of a deal...million dollar smile for a fraction of the price.. I think.

Now I just LOVE to floss!!

Cheers,

ICE

Metal uppers May 2, 2006

mrsphase74

#12 Post by mrsphase74 »

Congratulations on getting debraced! :-88
Your results are wonderful
:jump: :dance: :jump: :dance: :jump: :dance: