3 month update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

timsmith

3 month update

#1 Post by timsmith »

Hi to all,

Progress so far, initial wires were replaced with 16 by 22 at my first adjustment in May after 8 weeks. A chain was added across my top 4 to close the gap between my front 2. Five weeks later, Tuesday this week both wires were replaced with 18 by 25 and a new chain fitted. Looks like the top will be close to finished at my next appointment in August, I am supposed to get a final stainless steel wire for stabilization. Bottom is slower, the 4th and 5th on both sides are low and do not seem to be moving up so far. Looks like the lower jaw surgery discussion will be coming up soon.

I had my first cleaning today and got compliments from the hygienist, my gums are better than ever, the pain of flossing with braces finally pays off!!

I still find that I need to use wax every night on the lower fronts and upper molars, the price for not using wax in these locations is real discomfort the next day and tissue damage. I would say this is my only real problem with braces so far except for tender teeth after adjustments. No pain, no gain I guess.

For all my fellow 3 month veterans and those just starting, hang in there, it is worthwhile.

Clarity ceramic uppers, In Ovation metal lowers, 18 by 25 archwires and powerchain on top front 4