spacers for 6 weeks and update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

freckles01

spacers for 6 weeks and update

#1 Post by freckles01 »

well its been 5 weeks since being braced.

i almost made it to my 6 week appointment until a lig kept coming loose and popping off so off i went to the ortho.

they changed the ligs and the offending lig into a wire tie

and then put in 4 spacers on the bottom to make more room and for possibly bands? the two teeth on the bottom are pushed back in and i was biting down on the brackets (broke one off)

i fogot the specifics b/c i was focused on the new "pressure" and making a mental note to buy more soup...

but they said the spacers would be in for 6 weeks but if they come off, no big deal. 6 weeks? yikes!

on the upside, he said i'm making good progress and my oral hygiene is excellent. i just hope i can keep up the good oral care around the darn spacers.

Nawners

#2 Post by Nawners »

Oh man, and I thought a little over four weeks was tough! Good luck with six weeks! :)
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

GinaLime

#3 Post by GinaLime »

Wow, six weeks ... heavy. I had them in for a week and was glad to be rid of them. HOWEVER, by my last day or two in spacers, I had mostly forgotten about them. The discomfort was the worst in the second to fifth day. Please let us know what it's like having them for six weeks. And hey, at least you don't have to floss between those teeth for a while! Good luck!