about my first adjustment!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ABraces2007

about my first adjustment!!!!

#1 Post by ABraces2007 »

Well, yesterday i had my first adjustment... so, i also had many questions replied by my ortho.. For your info, i`ve been into braces 4 weeks before this adjustment.
First of all, everybody at my ortho`s office was so excited about my progress, my teeth moved soooo fast!!! They couldn`t believe my front teeth were already aligned and beautiful!!!
And also my ortho was so happy about my higene... she said my gums and teeth were perfect (no red spots, no cuts, no canckers), she looked so happy while checking my mouth!!!
So, the wire is still the same (flexible wire 14), but i had some pieces of wire added on my sides... it hurt a bit when they adjusted them, but no more pain then that..
I also asked them, of course about my loose teeth( if you remember i sent a post that my lower teeth were very much loose), so, she carefully checked all my teeth for movility and she said they were completely ok.
So, my next adjustment is in 4 weeks again, and they told me they will change my wire (i`ll get 16)...
That was my first adjustment experience..
I`m sooo happy, my teeth already look soo perfect!!!

ema27

#2 Post by ema27 »

Alright stop rubbing it in!!only joking-great things are moving so quick.i am about a month in front of you.there has been change but slight changes-certainly not enough to impress!heres hoping my teeth will speed up soon :D

ABraces2007

#3 Post by ABraces2007 »

i had two second front teeth out of line, ema, and had no space at all in my mouth, so, i had one molar extracted to fit my teeth in, so, they are in now, after 4- 4,5 weeks beeing braced... they are still have to be rotated a little, so, that they look perfect, and i think, they will also make my bite wider then it is, and of course, those extraction gaps should be completely closed, which is more time, cause they are going to move my molars forward.
My treatment is approx. estimated for 20-24 months, i don`t know if it will get shorter as they said my teeth were incredibly fast in moving, they can`t say anything right after 4 weeks of treatment, but i hope they will after 12 months or so.
Good luck with your movement too, ema!!!

WiredforSound

#4 Post by WiredforSound »

Glad to hear your 1st adjustment went so well! I hope mine goes as well in two weeks. My teeth haven't visibly straightened but my wire sure looks a lot straighter than in the pictures from a month ago!

Here's to the rest of the adjustments going just as smoothly for you!!
[/url]