There almost off!!! (Now with nekkid pics!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

invisagirl

There almost off!!! (Now with nekkid pics!)

#1 Post by invisagirl »

I cannot believe that this day is finally here!! Tomorrow morning I will be braceless once again. The funny thing is I'm all giddy and nervous like I was when I got them! My biggest fear is that they'll come off and I won't be happy. I knew going into the "metal" portion of this journey that a perfect result wasn't going to be able to be achieved. I just hope that I'm happy with the result even though it isn't completely perfect. I'm pretty sure that I'll be happy but there's always that small chance that I won't be. All I can say is I'm very, very, very glad this four year journey is finally coming to an end!!! :D

Anyway here are the pictures!!!

My teeth when I started this whole process four years ago.

My teeth when I stopped using Invisalign

My teeth today, one day before debanding
Last edited by invisagirl on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

shoshiaf

#2 Post by shoshiaf »

Wow, just wow. Four years is so long!!! Your teeth didn't look too bad to begin with, (if you don't mind me saying so), but while comparing the beginning pic with the final picture, there really is a huge difference! You've had great results! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations!

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

As everyone else is saying, CONGRATS Your teeth are looking awesome!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lea72104

#4 Post by lea72104 »

You're either sitting in the chair or not quite there yet depending on what part of the world you're in! I just thought I would say congrats on your naked day! :jump: :-88 :-V [/b]

mbarbi

#5 Post by mbarbi »

congrats!!! :)

Nervous

#6 Post by Nervous »

Your teeth will look so good when your braces come off, congratulations :D

invisagirl

#7 Post by invisagirl »

Well there off!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is that they look awesome!!! I can't believe there my teeth!! :lol: I took pictures in the orthos parking lot so I'll upload those tonight for everyone to see! I'm just truly amazed how nice everything turned out!

On a side note I guess it is true that very few people even notice you have braces to begin with since no one at work has commented and trust me I'm smiling like crazy! LOL.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

Ives

#8 Post by Ives »

Nice, You've got to be excited, time to go out and treat your self to something good.

:thumbsup:

so I have to ask, now that you can look back over the whole process. Did the time really fly as every one says or did it seem to take for ever to get here. Ive only been in braces for just over 5 weeks and it seems like a life time. :lol:
Braced March 1st 07

idolfan4

#9 Post by idolfan4 »

congratulations! I'm getting mine off in 9 days- April 19th, 2007. I'm so excited that I will no longer be a metal mouth. And I'm so happy for you that you finally got your braces off after all that time with invisalign and braces.

SinOnYourLips

#10 Post by SinOnYourLips »

invisagirl, congrats!

I am wondering though, why did you wear invisalign first? Was it a part of the treatment or did you just chose that as your treatment first and then when it didn't work you switched to metal braces? Just curious.

But in any case, once again congrats! You've been on this journey for a long time, and finally you get the awesome results you deserve!

invisagirl

#11 Post by invisagirl »

O.k. Here are the pics!!!! I still cannot believe these are my teeth!!!

Ives - Well I can honestly say it doesn't seem like it really took 49 months total or 19 months of metal. There were times that it did drag on but looking back those were times when I was already at my breaking point because of other non-teeth issues (i.e. when I messed up my knee and had to have surgery and 8 months later messed up my shoulder and had to have surgery). Other than that time did fly!

SinOnYourLips - Originally I started with an Invisalign only treatment with a different ortho but after 2.5 years it was obvious to me that Invisalign hadn't fixed the original problem (was having trouble with that) and had totally messed up my bite with no plans to fix it. The ortho at the time told me my bite would fix itself when I was done with Invisalign (which I knew not to be true) so I took my business elsewhere in order to get everything straightened out. So that's how I went from Invisalign to metal braces. Looking at the end result I realize there was no way Invisalign could of produced this result, so I definetly made the right decision to switch orthos and treatment methods!

skyclad

IV

#12 Post by skyclad »

Your teeth look awesome and I have realized that invisalign wouldnt have been the right choice for me either.

I would be smiling all day as well. I cant wait to show off my tin grin at the family reunion.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

skyclad

IV

#13 Post by skyclad »

Your teeth look awesome and I have realized that invisalign wouldnt have been the right choice for me either.

I would be smiling all day as well. I cant wait to show off my tin grin at the family reunion.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

alexa

#14 Post by alexa »

Wow! Your teeth look great! Congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

BamaGirl

#15 Post by BamaGirl »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your teeth look GREAT!!!
:jump: :jump: :jump: :-88