Dry lips and cheeks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BillyNPhoenix

Dry lips and cheeks

#1 Post by BillyNPhoenix »

I have been drinking lots of water but the inside of my lips still feel super dry. I know water is supposed to help, but I’ve been drinking a ton and it doesn’t seem to cut it. Has anyone ever applied anything inside your lips and cheeks (such as Vaseline or something)?

Any other suggestions?

Ronsie

#2 Post by Ronsie »

Vaseline can't hurt but it might be a bit...greasy. You might try one of the products (gel or rinse) for dry mouth relief like Biotene dry mouth gel. I pur it on the front of my teeth right before bed. Good luck!

Kat

#3 Post by Kat »

Sounds strang here but everytime- everytime I use crest product my mouth and lips go through the same thing for a couple days.
I've switched to colgate tooth paste and Act floride rinse and I'm better. Anything with alcohol in it dries you up as well.