lipstick with clear braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xlilithx

Re: lipstick with clear braces?

#16 Post by xlilithx »

I've been wearing Mac Instigator (matte) which does get on the brackets a little bit, but the finger trick definitely helps

EmilyTravels

#17 Post by EmilyTravels »

This forum is great. I just discovered that lipstick rubbed off on my brand-new clear brackets on top, did a google search, and found this thread! I can't believe I've made it to age 56 without knowing the finger trick. Wow -- learn something new every day! Will definitely give that a try as well as more careful application of lipstick. I typically use a very understated, natural color (Clinique "Angelic") as I wear minimal makeup but it's kinda creamy so does tend to rub off easily.

Jennilyn

#18 Post by Jennilyn »

I have clear brackets and I haven’t seen lipstick on them yet, except for the first time I put on lipstick after getting the braces on because my mouth kinda felt numb.