What is your daily cleaning ritual?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EKline309

What is your daily cleaning ritual?

#1 Post by EKline309 »

So I searched and didn't find a whole lot, but what is your daily cleaning ritual like?? How many times do you brush, floss, use waterpik, rinse?? In what order, how long, just try to guess an average day. Thanks a lot, and if you know a thread where this is already addressed let me know.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I think this has come up before, but in any event I:

Use interdens stick to remove gunk from teeth after main meals
Brush after main meals
Floss at night

5 minutes each at breakfast and lunch time, about 15 after dinner. I long for the day when I can return to a 2 minute daily cleaning ritual. Cleaning is the single most irritating thing about braces for me.

ghostmyimag3

#3 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

My Daily cleaning is this:

Eat breakfast
Rinse, Brush, proxa brush around molar brackets

Lunch
Rinse, Brush, Proxa again same areas

Dinner
Rinse Brush Proxa again lol

Bed
Rinse (if i ate anything)with waterpik
Floss
Waterpik again to remove anything left behind using floss
Brush
Proxa brush around molars
Gel Kam Flouride
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Ronsie

#4 Post by Ronsie »

I'm another OTT person!

Morning after breakfast: brush with biotene toothpaste/manual brush

After lunch: waterpik, electric oral b with Prevident 5000 plus, proxy brush around wires/bands, floss. [if not working from home, use manual brush]

After dinner: waterpik, electric oral b with biotene , proxy brush around wires/bands, floss.

Before bed: brush with manual brush, biotene toothpaste; rinse with biotene rinse. then biotene gel.

I also have a Chilean brand toothpowder that I use sometimes, it keeps my ligs very clean.

I also like the Oral-B Sulcus Toothbrush to clean around my brackets. Most of the brushes are so big.

-Ronsie