Big space between teeth...good sign?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krooner

Big space between teeth...good sign?

#1 Post by krooner »

OK, first of all, I've become a bit obsessed with my teeth since getting braced and seeing a bit of movement! :D It's only been about 3 months. I only need them for a year and it's mostly because I have two top front teeth that are pushed in making my teeth jet out on the sides.

Anyway, I've noticed them moving but very slowly. However, when I flossed last night I noticed a HUGE space in between my molars a couple of teeth down from the ones that need to "spread out". (man, this post must sound kinda weird!)....I'm just wondering if this is a good sign, and that the "offending teeth" will be moving into place really soon??!! I get my second adjustment next week so I'll ask then but I was just wondering if my Metal Mouth friends could tell me! LOL

Thanks

Gracie

Ronsie

#2 Post by Ronsie »

Dear Gracie,
That's an excellent sign that your teeth on on the move!
Congratulations!!

24KSmile

#3 Post by 24KSmile »

Hi Gracie,
Throughout your treatment you may have gaps showing up in different places while the teeth are re-positioning themselves. I've had gaps close & then open up again a few months later & it's not a concern to my ortho. He said that there is an order to moving the teeth & although some things get worse for a while, they eventually improve.

Hope you get good support from your ortho at your next adjustment!