Upper Canine Questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

i!i!

Upper Canine Questions

#1 Post by i!i! »

My two eye teeth (upper canines) have not descended out of the gum. There is not enought space for them to do so. I got braces last week, and they didn't bracket those two teeth. Instead, a spring thing was put in their place.

My questions are:
-What exactly do you call this problem?
-With the spring opening space, do the teeth come down by themselves or do they later put on a bracket?

i!i!

#2 Post by i!i! »

They are exposed. I just got to wondering about this becuase one of the eye teeth started hurting this morning, and I was thinking maybe it was starting to move down.
Thanks