When Did You Get Rubber Bands??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gnashers87

#16 Post by gnashers87 »

I will be getting elastics on wednesday after 20 months of treatment.

BraceUrself

#17 Post by BraceUrself »

I got mine @ a yr
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

moonchick

#18 Post by moonchick »

I got my elastics at four months to speed up the closing of some gaps. At my fifth adjustment, my ortho decided on no elastics so that my teeth could "rest" and plan to have me back on elastics for my sixth adjustment.

i814u2c

#19 Post by i814u2c »

2 year and no elastics yet!!!
Still creating space with coil springs
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

JessicaRabbit

Re:

#20 Post by JessicaRabbit »

[quote="Keith"]I got rubber bands at about 10 months into my treatment. I wore them [b]religously[/b] for 5 weeks and that was it. I recommend wearing them all the time as well as changing them after every meal-or however your ortho prescribes! Now I am at the end. It seems I will be getting my braces off about one year from when I finished rubber bands.[/quote]
how did you wear them? did you have an overbite/overjet? If so, how many milimeters?

Tyrantblade

Re: When Did You Get Rubber Bands??

#21 Post by Tyrantblade »

Ive had to use elastics since day 1 of having braces and have never had a complete break from them, even after more than 10 months.

And ive had all kinds of different configurations (ive had one for a crossbite, triangles to bring my canines down and like 3 or 4 other configurations) and multiple sizes/strengths too
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Oversmite

#22 Post by Oversmite »

I've had my braces for 3-4 months and have been in bands for 2 and a bit weeks. Mine are to try to fix my overbite if that helps!
Braced: 10th March, 2016

Sentence: 18 months (no probation)

papi23

#23 Post by papi23 »

I got mine about a 1 1/2 ago and woremy rubber bands for 3 months. He just told me I can stop wearing them. Just went yesterday and they put a power chain on my upper 4s and lower 4s to close the gap and straighten them. Not sure how much longer I'll be wearing them. I hope by the start of summer. When I first started he told me about 16-19 months

papi23

#24 Post by papi23 »

I got mine about a 1 1/2 ago and wore my rubber bands for 3 months. He just told me I can stop wearing them. Just went yesterday and they put a power chain on my upper 4s and lower 4s to close the gap and straighten them. Not sure how much longer I'll be wearing them. I hope by the start of summer. When I first started he told me about 16-19 months

iceman

#25 Post by iceman »

I got mine the same time I got braces. Class 3 elastics. I'm hoping it will bring my top jaw forward which, besides a better smile, will also help in facial aesthetics. Only 4 months in, still got over a year to go.