What are these?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Post Reply
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:32 pm
Location: Earth

What are these?

#1 Post by i!i! »

I got braces on Monday. There is something I don't recognize on two of the lower brackets (both are a couple teeth away from the middle). On each one there is a metal rod thing pointing down thats tip is rounded off in a ball.

It looks roughly like this:

{ } -bracket
| -rod
o -ball

I am just curious as to what this exactly is.

EDIT: The drawing didn't turn out that well. Imagine the "rod" and "ball" to be more centered in relation to the bracket.

Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

#2 Post by MrsF »

I think I have what you are trying to explain...I believe it is a "hook" so when we get elastics, they will hook on to them.

Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:46 pm

#3 Post by Delag »

Oh dear me.....I hadn't noticed those.....I do seem to have quite a few of them.....sheesh, more to worry about :shock:

Post Reply