How does a Bite Plate work

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

How does a Bite Plate work

#1 Post by iBorg »

I've been told I'll need a bite plate when I gat my full braces 24/7. I currently have one to sleep in due to my grinding. I have a pretty good overbite (my top teeth close over my lower teeth about half their height). Before my top braces my top teeth also receded into my mouth instead of being straight or slightly flared out. My lowers also are laying down and suffer crowding.

Okay, how does a bite plate change the bite?

Thanks,

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.