rotated canines

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sparx

rotated canines

#1 Post by sparx »

heya, well I'm 18 and really want to finally get my teeth sorted so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

right, well, my problem is that both my upper canines are rotated and look like "fangs" apart from some minor crowding on my lower teeth, the rest of my teeth are really straight, if I dont smile fully it looks like I've got perfect teeth, but when I do the canines are extremely noticable and prominent, They are on the same level as the rest of my upper teeth, as in they aren't any higher or impacted, they're just twisted round,

so basically I was wonderin if you think invisalign would be suitable to correct what I've got, and if not, what would you suggest??? I'm goin to see invisalign people in 2 weeks but I just wanted to know before hand if anyone coul;d tell me if I'd just get rejected and end up wasting a load of money on the appointment,

so thats about it really! as i said any help would be amazing!

sarah

rsprouse

#2 Post by rsprouse »

I personally wouldn't touch an Invisalign case that requires any sort of major movement to canines. They are the longest rooted teeth in your mouth and Invisalign has trouble rotating, intruding, extruding canines. It can be done, but requires a lot of experience and some tricks. You may find somebody willing to take on a case with canine work like this but you will probably be better off long term going with traditional brackets.

Good Luck,
Rory

pearlie

#3 Post by pearlie »

Dont get invisalign. I have the same problem on my lower canines and now I have to switch to traditional fixed. If I would have started with fixed, I would be done by now....i'm 25

Chloe1

#4 Post by Chloe1 »

I wanted Invisalign but my ortho said I'd have better results with traditional. The more I read about Invisalign the happier I am that I didn't get them.

ibraceface

#5 Post by ibraceface »

I wanted Invisalign because I was worried about how I would appear in "traditonal braces"... however... I wasn't a candiate... but researched a lot and am now wearing IBraces (lingual)... They work like traditional and are INVISIBLE! yAY! :)

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

Even after my braces have been removed, I have one stubborn canine that wants to revert back to its rotation...and I have a SPRING on the hawley!!!! :twisted: Canines are the most stubborn teeth I've ever encountered. Get the traditional braces and keep them on until they are just right.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

kittymeow84

#7 Post by kittymeow84 »

Hi!

I've also got my canines rotated - cept they're on the bottom. All my bottom row is dead perfect except my two fangs which have rotated a complete 90 degrees!

I also wanted Invisalign but after a bit of research on the net and then 3 ortho appointments to confirm, I knew I wasn't a candidate.

As far as I know, Invisalign can only fix very minor crowding and jumbling of teeth. One ortho compared it to trying to push over a big post with 2/3 of it stuck in the ground - you just can't get dramatic results.

I suggest going to an orthodontist that does regular braces first but also does Invisalign. That way he can give you an unbiased opinion on which treatment is best. :)

ibraceface

#8 Post by ibraceface »

TRY IBRACES!!!!!!!!!!!!
WWW.LINGUALCARE.COM

They work like TRADITONAL braces but they are hidden because they go on the back of your teeth!!!!!!!

fari670

Re: rotated canines

#9 Post by fari670 »

My cannine on the top seems like they are waving at someone , they arent twisted but they are bended more towards right , it gives a look that they are in diagonal position , I have braces since 3 months and I have quad helix expanders too , will my diagonal canine be fixed ???

BracedSurgeryStudent

#10 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

some places can do it by putting white blocks on the teeth you cannot see and that will help but they often need to be touched up with braces so just go ahead and get braces.
Jenn Medeiros

illay

#11 Post by illay »

anyone know how canine is considered in the right position? because i got mine rotate too, but i don't think there's something wrong with my canine before :Questions:

BracedSurgeryStudent

#12 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

illay wrote:anyone know how canine is considered in the right position? because i got mine rotate too, but i don't think there's something wrong with my canine before :Questions:
You can tell by looking at a photo oh the persons upper or lower dental arch. rotated canines are often not that big of a deal depending on ow they are rotated.
Jenn Medeiros