CERAMIC BRACES TO CLOSE GAP IN TWO FRONT TEETH ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shrek

CERAMIC BRACES TO CLOSE GAP IN TWO FRONT TEETH ?

#1 Post by shrek »

Hi Folks
Got cermaic braces on my top teeth last april to close a gap in my front teeth. The Gap at the front closed more or less after 2/3 months but once a gap closes an other space opens. all the teeth have to align.
There does not seem to have been much movement of late. Last trip to Ortho he told me that he will now have to put braces on my bottom thought that he would not need to but back teeth at top slow to align.
When i initially started he advised me to go with metal but i wanted ceramic......kinda sorry now did not go with the metal as the results might have been quicker. Initally he said i would have the braces 8/10 months now in Nov getting bottom braces. Will this push my time with braces out further or will top braces come off before bottom. Anyone with info please let me know.
Thanks
Jo

ratosambo1

Re: CERAMIC BRACES TO CLOSE GAP IN TWO FRONT TEETH ?

#2 Post by ratosambo1 »

Hi I had metal braces to close my gap which was quite wide,the gap closed within about 4 months. I got bite turbos to open my bite to encourage the movement of my front teeth.Then I had a frenectomy done, after this procedure my powerchains were removed. Big mistake,my teeth moved apart and I had several gaps in between them. Back on powerchains and the gaps closed real quick again. I have criss cross wires underneath my wires now as well and there are discussions about getting bottom braces.Yes bottom braces will prolong treatment. And you will need to wear elastics as well...I guess its all worth it in the end. All the best!