Widom Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vincent

Widom Teeth

#1 Post by vincent »

I am so sacred about my wisdome teeth or if they come at all, i think that my mouth is majorly cramped as it is and i dont think that there is any room for them and dont know what will happen IF they come. i just cant bear surgery to take them out if they do come, !!!!

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

You do what you gotta do. That is the saying. The above posters are correct. If it is not imminent don't worry about it. If it happens trust yourself to be able to deal with it. You don't want whatever the alternative is, trust me. I had mine out when I was 16. I was glad to have them out even though it required surgery. They were messing up my teeth and causing headaches. Good riddance! I had the worst case scenario of being out for one week, like KK's daughter. Most people breeze through it must easier and quicker than that.

When I was a kid - I didn't have to have my tonsils out, or my adenoids, but I got the luck of having to have the wisdom teeth out. It's life.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

I'm a HUGE dental "chicken"...I had 2 of my wisdoms out (one was impacted, the other wasn't) 7 years ago and it wasn't bad at all. The worst part was that I had a reaction to the pain medicine they gave me. Once that was out of my system and I was taking regular Tylenol, I was FINE!

No pain after the 1st day, I was back to "normal" activity in 2 days.

Don't worry today about what will happen in the future, worrying won't change the future, it only makes now miserable!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Jillianleab

#4 Post by Jillianleab »

I had mine out in May of this year, and it wasn't bad at all. Two were impacted, the other two were erupted, and I elected to be knocked out for the procedure. I was pretty dopey the first day, and a little sore the next, but after that I was fine. A friend of mine had hers out while awake, and said she probably could have gone back to work later that day. I worried myself to death about the pain, dry sockets, etc, but it really was a non-event.

You can do it! :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

stRaighteR

#5 Post by stRaighteR »

it really isn't that bad...I had surgery for two impacted wisdom teeth and I was truly scared that they would put me to sleep and I might not wake up...ye, it was silly...I worried over nothing...I hardly had any pain...Get them out because they may cause problems in the future like mine began to do...

angiemeu90

#6 Post by angiemeu90 »

Don't worry. I had all four wisdom teeth taken out within a two month period. It is not that bad. You'll be be eating normally within a few days.

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Widom Teeth

#7 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

It's best to get wisdom teeth out before braces especially seeing as we're all adults here. I got mine out first. but then again I did not know I was going to get braces till half a year later. Best thing I ever did though. If you don't get them out it will mess up your perfect smile and you will have wasted thousands of dollars. It can infect your mouth and cause begnin jaw tumors as well as cysts and if left untreated can kill you. The wisdom tooth surgery is not even nearly that bad or invasive. Getting them out is worth it. Sepecially if your other optioni could possibly be death. I'm just helping you out.
Jenn Medeiros

verso

Re:

#8 Post by verso »

jcdamon3 wrote:When I was a kid - I didn't have to have my tonsils out, or my adenoids, but I got the luck of having to have the wisdom teeth out. It's life.
Isn't that the truth! I had my adenoids out as a kid, and I'll probably need to have my tonsils out at some point too, as they're always causing me trouble. But my wisdom teeth? I'm keeping them!

EntrancedBoar91

#9 Post by EntrancedBoar91 »

Before I had them out they gave me Ativan (kind of like valium). It takes the trauma out of the whole procedure. Maybe let them know you're really anxious about the procedure and they can give it to you too? It really does help. And I have had all 4 of mine removed - top two then the bottom two a couple years later. It really is not that bad. Hang in there!

icep

#10 Post by icep »

i had the same doubt.. thanks indeed.