root canal due to braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stRaighteR

root canal due to braces?

#1 Post by stRaighteR »

could the pressure from braces cause someone to have to get a root canal?

rsprouse

#2 Post by rsprouse »

Excessive force to a tooth can cause adverse side effects that would make it necessary to have a Root Canal. But orthodontics use light forces that are well below the threshold needed to cause trauma.

Regards,
Rory

stRaighteR

#3 Post by stRaighteR »

thanx =)

scraggy

Re: root canal due to braces?

#4 Post by scraggy »

Mine have I got 4 root canal and have been in braces now over 3 years haven't had any problems.

All the best.

Missd574

#5 Post by Missd574 »

I know this is an old post but I just got my 6 month smile braces off , ended up being 14 months not 6, but I think I may need a root canal on my front upper tooth now. The week before they were removed my dentist did an adjustment on that tooth to lengthen it by pulling it down from my gum line, a few hours after my appointment the tooth started feeling sensitivity to hot and cold I figured it was just the tooth moving. Got my braces off the following week and within a week or two noticed the tooth looking kinda light grey snd still having the hot cold sensitivity. Went back to dentist they acknowledge that my tooth looks kinda grey but said he couldn't remember if it was grey before braces...it absolutely was not they always told me I was doing a great job keeping the braces and teeth clean, took X-ray and said to keep the appointment I previously had for a cleaning in February and I may need a root canal!!! I feel like they killed my tooth and don't care!

Missd574

#6 Post by Missd574 »

Update.... I do need a root canal, they did kill my tooth and they don't care!!! More money for them.

djspeece

#7 Post by djspeece »

6 month smiles should be illegal. Sorry to hear of this.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Grix

#8 Post by Grix »

I had root canal on my upper one five tooth, bout 6 months ago was then told the tooth had to be removed to make room. In short $1,500 spent on root canal only to have it removed *sigh*

Leeann1111

#9 Post by Leeann1111 »

Missd574 wrote:Update.... I do need a root canal, they did kill my tooth and they don't care!!! More money for them.
I may need a root canal in my front tooth from the braces :( did you see an endodontist for this? Another ortho, my old dentist and my new told me I need to see one if the pain doesn't stop. It's been three months :oops: how are you holding up after it? How does it look and feel?