bump in mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SnowSparrow

bump in mouth

#1 Post by SnowSparrow »

Hi,

I have had braces for almost three years now. Everything has fine until a few days ago...

I noticed, I have a bump in the front of my mouth, on the inside of my lip. It's about half a centimeter in diatmeter. Pretty small. It's not a sore or anything, it doesn't even hurt. It's just a little nob under the skin. That's what makes me concerned actually.

My question is, has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? I'm hoping that it's an irritation of some kind, from the rubbing of the metal maybe?

Any ideas would be great.

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

Can you see this bump ifyou look in the mirror? Is the bump red? Or is it like a knot in your lip... You should ask your ortho and describe in detail what this is and have him/her to check it out.

Gennel