Loose tooth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blueriley

Loose tooth?

#1 Post by blueriley »

I have had upper and lower braces since July 22. I have a crown/root canal on one of my premolars, my ortho banded the crown and connected it to the archwire during my first adjustment on August 31. At first I did not notice any change, but since Friday it seems loose. When I say loose, I do not mean like the crown is coming off loose, but I can wiggle the tooth around a little and I notice it when I bite down. Anybody experience this? Do you think this is just normal because it was not attached to the archwire before and is just moving into alignment with the rest of my arch? Do you think it will tighten back up after it settles? My Ortho and dentist are both closed on Friday's so I will check with them on Monday. I guess I am just looking for a little reassurance :? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Blue

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

All teeth, including those crowned and root canaled, can feel loose during movement. Its ok. Check to see that there are no cracks or holes around the crown. I had the same worry on a crown and asked my dentist to check the seal of the crown. It was fine. Are you having any pain associated with it when you bite down?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Smiley77

#3 Post by Smiley77 »

I notice loose teeth too (the first time I wiggled a tooth and it moved I almost had a heart attack!)
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

blueriley

#4 Post by blueriley »

thanks for the replies! Chris,no i am not having any pain, it just feels weird/loose when i bite down sometimes. I have taken a good look in there and I do not notice any cracks or anything unusual. I feel better knowing that someone else has had the same experience, but I think I will have my dentist take a look at it on Monday to put my mind at ease. Thanks again for the replies :lol: