What color ligs make YOUR teeth look white?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

What color ligs make YOUR teeth look white?

#1 Post by Kat »

Did some looking on other threads.
I have this worry about my teeth getting yucky looking. :oops:

Anyway I'm going for my first adjustment in a couple weeks and would like to maybe add some color to my ceramic tops (don't have the bottoms yet).
What do you think made your teeth look whiter? I think the ones with yellow in the color will make them look well yellow,
so...

jzaboo

#2 Post by jzaboo »

I've only tried colored ligs once, a coral color. I hated it because it always looked like I had lipstick on my teeth. A lot of people on here say silver is good, and light pink. You're right about the yellow ones. I just go in every month and get my clear ones changed. You pay the same amount for treatment, so you may as get your money's worth. It does seem to make a difference on the whiteness of your teeth.

LUV2SING

#3 Post by LUV2SING »

I find that the lighter colored ligs make your teeth look whiter. My favorites are silver for the top and baby blue for the bottom. It makes my teeth look much whiter. I got some light purple ones last time and they looked transparent once I got them on. Within 2 days they were a sickening color of green. I think I'll stick with the blue or baby pink. I haven't tried the baby blue on my top teeth yet, I have clear plastic braces on the top. Next time I'm getting the pink ligs.

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

If you look at the color wheel the color opposite of yellow is purple so I would think that purple would make your teeth look the most yellow if they are already a bit yellow. Red is opposite green. Green teeth anyone?

My daughter wears light pink and I don't notice it making her teeth look particularly bad. It is also not a kind of "in your face" color. I think it looks pretty nice.

My daughter experimented with the darker purple and she said it made her teeth look like she had raisins stuck in them.

Cooler colors tend to recede back. Warmer colors come forward.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kat

#5 Post by Kat »

I was thinking of the darker blue color after seeing them on the color lig thread. I do hear the pink ligs stain pretty bad.
Hmmmmm. Someone needs to invent one that don't stain, they would make a mint!!!

Bianca

#6 Post by Bianca »

I got a super cool makeover right after getting braces and we talked about what color lipstick is best... and I assume ligs would be the same principle.

Purple, as mentioned above, has a tendency to bring out the yellow in your teeth, so that might be bad.

Pink tends to make the teeth look whiter.

I don't know about the funky blues and stuff, lipstick doesn't go that direction!

It's a two year process.......

Lillers

#7 Post by Lillers »

I've got metal ligs and have been happy with them. They kind of tuck behind the brackets anyway, so they don't show a lot. Only drawback is they do tend to shred dental floss a bit.
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

wiredkitty

#8 Post by wiredkitty »

I agree Meryaten - the teeth with the green ones do look yellower.

I've also been trying to decide what lig colour to go with next - I have my first adjustment next week. I don't want to go for colours but I have ceramics on my top six and the pearl ligs have gone really yellow. Its my own fault for eating some indian food but I really enjoy it! I am thinking I might try the silver ligs as they look good on the pictures I've seen and they blend with the wire.

To sidetrack - a couple of you mentioned lipstick - I used to be a big lipstick wearer but now I only wear lip gloss. I find the lipstick makes my mouth look bigger and draws people to look at my teeth. Also some lipstick just ends up on the ceramics which really looks grouse!

We have brand in NZ called Blistex (actually its made in US) and I have pots of the lip conditioner everywhere (my desk, my car, my bag, beside the bed). I also like another Blistex product called Lip Infusion which is clear but really glossy.

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months

Smiley77

#9 Post by Smiley77 »

I just got teal ligs put on yesterday after removing baby blue ones, and my teeth look SO yellow!
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

ashantia

#10 Post by ashantia »

I just got light pink put on and my teeth look so white!!!

BlondeCam

Re:

#11 Post by BlondeCam »

wiredkitty wrote:I agree Meryaten - the teeth with the green ones do look yellower.

I've also been trying to decide what lig colour to go with next - I have my first adjustment next week. I don't want to go for colours but I have ceramics on my top six and the pearl ligs have gone really yellow. Its my own fault for eating some indian food but I really enjoy it! I am thinking I might try the silver ligs as they look good on the pictures I've seen and they blend with the wire.

To sidetrack - a couple of you mentioned lipstick - I used to be a big lipstick wearer but now I only wear lip gloss. I find the lipstick makes my mouth look bigger and draws people to look at my teeth. Also some lipstick just ends up on the ceramics which really looks grouse!

We have brand in NZ called Blistex (actually its made in US) and I have pots of the lip conditioner everywhere (my desk, my car, my bag, beside the bed). I also like another Blistex product called Lip Infusion which is clear but really glossy.
OMG, same here with the lipstick and lack of now with my braces. I've been using Bert's Bee's Shimmer Stick in champagne. I've loved my Bert's Bees for years as a lip moisturizer. My lips simply CANNOT be dry. So the little shimmer of the super light pink seems to add a bit of something-something without drawing too much attention to my mouth. I'm afraid lipstick would get all over my seemingly giant ceramic brackets. :lol: