Missing Ligatures

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stephanie

Missing Ligatures

#1 Post by Stephanie »

Last night I realized that I'm missing four ligatures -- the last three on the bottom right side and the last one on the other side. Now my bottom wire is out of place on the right side (my right) and digging into my gum a bit. I have rubber bands that connect about where my canines are, to where the wire ends. My mouth is now becoming quite sore on the right side in the back. Eating is difficult as well.

I tried calling my orthodontist today and leaving messages, but no one is answering. They have odd hours: they're only in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My original orthodontist is actually out due to illness, so they've been having someone fill in for him. Their hours may be even more whacky because of that.

I guess I have to wait until Thursday to hear from them, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Also, I have the rubber bands to align my teeth correctly. I was told I have a "deep bite," but have realized that I have no bite at all anymore. My top teeth are beginning to rest on my bottom ones in the front and my top teeth still need to go back more. If they continue with the rubber bands, I'm going to be stuck with an underbite. What will they do to correct this? :\
Braced on 9/13/05