bRinging foRwaRd molaRs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stRaighteR

bRinging foRwaRd molaRs

#1 Post by stRaighteR »

hi, i may have to have one first molar extracted, and i don't want a tooth implant, is it possible to bring the 2nd and 3rd molars forward? I have heard it is possible with cherry loops or microimplants / microscrews. Thanx in advance =)

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I'm going through the same process as you are, I had actually all four first molars extracted as WESTERN DENTAL screwed up on a dental treatment I had years ago so they were in bad shape and needed extractions there was just no way to fix them. Anyways I was told by my ortho that hes going to continue with ortho treatment but for some odd reason didn't mention microimplants, so I'm assuming that its not necessary. That is another question yet to be asked.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

stRaighteR

=(

#3 Post by stRaighteR »

i understand about having teeth messed up, because this tooth will have to be removed due to a dentist mess up, and i am not pleased at all. I'm hoping something can be done.

rsprouse

#4 Post by rsprouse »

Depending on your bite they may move your anterior segment posteriorly or your molars anteriorly. Most likely it will be a combination, but i'm guessing you are trying to figure out if a molar space can be closed and the answer is "normally".

Good Luck,
Rory

stRaighteR

#5 Post by stRaighteR »

well i have no problems with my bite at all...i got out of braces 8 years ago, and my teeth have managed to remain stable...so there will be nothing really to move around except for the second and third molars...

stRaighteR

#6 Post by stRaighteR »

hey guys, i got the answer. I went to a consult today, and i was told that it is possible to bring the 2nd and 3rd molar forward. I was hoping for just a microimplant, but i will have to have the upper arch (only) done and it will take maybe a year. I'm going to take the plunge as soon as I save. This is my second time, and i'm glad that i won't have to get a tooth implant, so i'm thankful.

stRaighteR

#7 Post by stRaighteR »

lol it's no problem...i was searching online for an answer to this for a long time and found no real answers, so hopefully anyone who's having a similar problem will be able to find it through this site =)

Nikkiekoala

#8 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Glad it will work out for you. I asked my ortho the same question cause I wanted to avoid having a bridge (insurance wont pay for implants). Unfortunately, I can't have the 2nd & 3rd molars moved. Well technically they can be moved but it may bring on more problems than I am willing to deal with such as the bone not growing around the roots enough for the teeth to be stable and possibly resulting in loosing the teeth. The younger a person the better the out come.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

stRaighteR

#9 Post by stRaighteR »

hmmmmmmmm he said it can be done, but i'm now wondering if he could also be wrong...that would be extremely messed up if i lose 2 more teeth instead of just one...

Chris

#10 Post by Chris »

I'm curious why you dont' want the implant instead of moving the molar?

If you have good bone, it would be faster to get the implant.
Although I'm sure, more expensive.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

stRaighteR

#11 Post by stRaighteR »

ye, it would definitely be more expensive, and i would still like other stuff fixed as well...i've begun to clench and get headaches...

SDFD TSchott

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Heres my story I have the same situation and its going to cost me little over $6,000 for bridge work and apperently they want me to take two weeks off so they gave me that option or the option of pay $3,500 for orthodontic treatment so I went ortho treatment!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

stRaighteR

#13 Post by stRaighteR »

i agree with u...in the long run, bridges and implants cost a lot of money...i have found that the braces route is cheaper...

Joanna20

#14 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey guys, I'm having 4 bisc. extracted to make room and my doctor said that we might have to bring some of my last molars forward if my incisors become oddly inwards! Hope that helped!
I should do an implant once I'm done with braces (missing 2nd molars and wisdoms on my lower jaw) but for a reason I don't think I will have them because something can go wrong and I wouldn't want to ruin my (hopefully then) perfect smile!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

stRaighteR

#15 Post by stRaighteR »

hey joanna, won't not having the implants affect ur bite? like won't the 2nd molars at the top not have molars to touch at the bottom?