Expander

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jmpmntwnty3

Re: Expander

#31 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Awesome! Haha, I went to my ortho appointment yesterday and my orthodontist told me I no longer had to turn my key every night. Now the expander must be left in for the next 6 months so the bones can settle. So I'm looking forward to getting it removed in mid-February. Looks like we'll be getting ours removed at the same time! :P
June 2006: Upper and Lower braces -- July 2006: RPE installed -- December 2006: RPE removed.
April 2007: 4 wisdom teeth extracted & had Frenum b/t 2 front teeth clipped. Powerchain added.
January 2008: All gaps closed.
March 2010: Began wearing elastics
January 2012: Braces finally off!

artist_appeal_791

#32 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Yes! Now I have someone to count down with!! :D

artist_appeal791

Last edited by artist_appeal_791 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garrettnb

#33 Post by garrettnb »

are you gonna post a few finished expanding pics? An after pic is always nice to see.

--Garrett
Quiero Pasta?

artist_appeal_791

#34 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

garrettnb

#35 Post by garrettnb »

i was on the verge of needing and expander. i had the option myself, but now that i look back on it i should have gone with it. Looking at your pics have been so inspiring. maybe i'll suggest it when if i finally do get braces.
Quiero Pasta?

artist_appeal_791

Expander

#36 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Well I'm glad I can inspire someone! At first I was really scared and I didnt want to do it...but after they cemented it in it was a breeze. I turned my key for I think 3 weeks... but for me it didnt hurt..... on for the first two days.... which I just took Tylenol. The key is tiny so make sure you put floss on the expander if u do get one... I felt pressure ion my cheek bones, the roof of my mouth, and the bridge of my nose....but after they tell you to stop turning and they put wire in the key hole (so you cant turn it some how) you wont feel anything. But right now I do have a little pain..and Its on my two top big front teeth.. but hopefully it will go away.. I think its because my teeth are starting to close the gap.....which is ver very good..... you cant say f words very good lol.....and for my school pics r comging soon so yea....hopefully ill have my braces on by then!

But all in all its not a bad expirence!! If they do tell you again you need one I would say go 110% and I'm sure you wont be sorry

But I warn you....you salivatize sooooo much in the beginning!...and when brushing your teeth its hard to spit out in the beginning too because you wont be used to it.....and eating can be hard too......but it will go great!

so yea I hope I could help with what I have learned from other nice ppl! :D oh oh!.....and the time goes by soooo fast!!

artist_appeal791

artist_appeal_791

Expander

#37 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/b ... 444/BN.jpg

I thought I would throw in a quick pic to show everyone the progress.... besides the big icky gap..my top jaw has gotten wider... so yea.... there you go~ :lol:

Alix

camille

#38 Post by camille »

Artist_appeal_791-
I'm 14 and I'm getting spacers on Thursday, and I'm getting an expander on October 17th. Did you have a lisp or any problems talking with the expander? Thanks!

kisses14

#39 Post by kisses14 »

Camille, you should be getting your expander tomorrow! I just got mine put in this morning. It didn't hurt putting it in, but it's definitely annoying when trying to talk and eat. But, I keep telling myself I will adjust. Good luck!

camille

#40 Post by camille »

:PI rescheduled the appointment because Tuesday didn't work.

artist_appeal_791

#41 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

camille wrote::PI rescheduled the appointment because Tuesday didn't work.
GAR! I kno How that is!!! I was suppoesed to get my braces on Wednesday but now I cant because I have to go to band festival right after school.. maybe I can change it to morning.......I hope so!

artist_appeal_791

Expander

#42 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Braces are going on tomorrow! I'm a little scared but excited... I'll get a pic and tell how it went! :o
Alix

Last edited by artist_appeal_791 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artist_appeal_791

Expander

#43 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Braces are going on tomorrow! I'm a little scared but excited... I'll get a pic and tell how it went! :o
Alix

artist_appeal_791

Braces

#44 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Braces have been on for three days :) I've had a little discomfort but usually the pills take it away.. Nothing has happened but I can expect that.. I guess I get my 1st ajustment 4 weeks from now.. I still have my expander in... lol thats a lot of metal!
Here's a pic:

:tingrin:

Alix

I'll get some closer pics up later~

artist_appeal_791

Braces

#45 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Ok I've finally got around.. I've been busy with school and such and yea.... Here an update:

BEFORE:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/b ... s004-1.jpg

AS OF 1st WEEK :

AS OF NOW:

Image (sry its so big)