Expander

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

artist_appeal_791

braces

#46 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

I've had my braces on for a month... A couple of weeks ago I got my donuts changed to red and green and I have a power chain on my front four teeth.. I was quite surprised on how much my teeth straightened in only a few hours! I go for my first adjustment on Jan. 9th... at that time ill get some pics and tell you how things are going!

Alix

shell1426

#47 Post by shell1426 »

Looks great, Alix! Your teeth moved pretty quick after you stopped turning! I get my spacers on the 17th and my expander the week after that. I will keep up with your story! GOOD LUCK!

artist_appeal_791

Expander off!

#48 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Well! Its been 8 months and so many weeks and days but tomorrow at 8am I finally go to get my expander off! I look back on the experience I had and it wasnt bad at all. I'm pretty sure getting it off wont be bad, but I'll be excited not having to get food stuck anymore! I'll take pics today and when I get it off and post them on in the next few days-

Alix

:rawk: super excited!!!

artist_appeal_791

Wow!

#49 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

It has definitely been a long time since ive been on here! I still have my braces on and its been almost two years. I get them off September 15th and I get my retainers the next day. I'm pretty excited I guess. The only thing that upsets me is that I will still have to get jaw surgery. Boo.

Braces really aren't bad. Sometimes I forget I even have them on. =]

I will add pictures in a few days!

Alix :banana:

jaswi

#50 Post by jaswi »

Congrats artist! We have the same d-day! I remember when you first got yours on, what was your b-day? Mine was june 24 2006. Can't wait for the pics.

artist_appeal_791

#51 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Sweet! We will have to celebrate!! :-)o
My B-day is July 6th.

jaswi

#52 Post by jaswi »

Im also a michigander lol

artist_appeal_791

#53 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

oh cool =]]
what part are you from?
im from western

jaswi

#54 Post by jaswi »

Jackson area.. its down south central..

artist_appeal_791

#55 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

Happy D-Day to Jaswi and I!
No more braces!

So I went in early morning on the 15th. They first took off my Brackets and then the bands. Then they glued in my bottom bonded retainer. I'll have that for a couple of years he told me. After that they polished off the excess glue from my teeth and I got two molds for my clear plastic retainer and my guard for when I get a gum graft on my bottom two front teeth. I have receding gum tissue =[ I hate getting top molds so she used this throat numbing spray that numbs the gag reflex. It's very helpful.

I wear my retainer for almost 24 hours a day and I have to wear it 4-6 months and then after that only at night. Its a lot easier than the braces, except its a pain in the butt taking it out at school.

Overall im very happy with the results for wearing my braces! I'm glad I went through with it even though there were some bumps along the way =] Best advice: Go though with it! You'll be happy you did!

Here are some pics of the final:
A couple of weeks before getting them off:

Due Day:

No more braces!

I put up a clearer pic when I get some time. I'm so busy =[ Thanks to all that gave me advice about my expander and braces! I appreciate it so much. -Alix

jaswi

#56 Post by jaswi »

Congrats! Beautiful teeth on a beautiful lady. Feels sooo good, doesn't it?!

KARESS

#57 Post by KARESS »

i didnt know u before
or now
but you look totally different from then til now.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

jaswi

#58 Post by jaswi »

Congrats! Beautiful teeth on a beautiful lady. Feels sooo good, doesn't it?!

(sorry double post, my browser had a bugout message so i hit refresh when i saw it finally)

artist_appeal_791

#59 Post by artist_appeal_791 »

So I've had my retainers on for 3 weeks so far. I'm adjusted to them pretty well. I still have a little bit of a lisp =P

No braces! (and mommy lol)

Tired out lol

mmmm this is a retainer!

more to come =] -Alix