Class II Malocclusion does anyone else have this???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vivi

Class II Malocclusion does anyone else have this???

#1 Post by vivi »

Class II malocclusion occurs when the bottom jaw is in a more posterior (backward) position than normal. The top teeth appear to protrude out over the lower teeth. One example of this type of malocclusion is often referred to as "buck" teeth.

Because this is what I have and I wanted to know how your orthodontist fixed this problem

rsprouse

#2 Post by rsprouse »

Hi Vivi,

Class II can be a retruded mandible or a protruded maxilla. The actual definition is based on the location of the maxillary mesial buccal cusp of the first molar in relation to the buccal groove on the mandibular first molar. Comparing Class II to Class II will most likely be apples to oranges. Class II can be corrected with mandibular advancement, a Le Fort I on your maxilla, other surgeries, or even with dozens of orthodontic treatments. What did your ortho suggest? Are you concerned about their treatment options?

Best,
Rory

brianne1898

#3 Post by brianne1898 »

Hi! i was born with a class II malocclusion. i had braces during my elementary and middle school years but did not wear my headgear and stopped wearing my retainer which led to my teeth going back to what they were and my jaw not coming forward. i was braced this last october and the ortho suggested braces for 18-20 months with surgery at about 12-15 months. it's been 7 months now and my "buck" teeth are gone!! the surgery will correct my overbite. the ortho pretty much said if you don't get the surgery to correct your bite, there's no reason to put braces on because your teeth will eventually go back to how they were.
braced 10-11-2005
estimated time 20 months
lower jaw surgery 12-15 months
2nd time in braces

violinist

Re: Class II Malocclusion does anyone else have this???

#4 Post by violinist »

vivi wrote:Class II malocclusion occurs when the bottom jaw is in a more posterior (backward) position than normal. The top teeth appear to protrude out over the lower teeth. One example of this type of malocclusion is often referred to as "buck" teeth.

Because this is what I have and I wanted to know how your orthodontist fixed this problem

I have it too, nd my front two top teeth are sorta bucked but u wouldn't think that by lookin @ em and I'm going to get braces hopefully tofix it. :wink:

noppi

I am Class II

#5 Post by noppi »

I am Class II. My ortho had me get 4 teeth pulled out. My premolars. I am no longer bucky =) My teeth are shoved back to close the gaps and my teeth are more straight up and down instead of overjetting. My ortho used powerchains and elastics to close the gaps. My bite is a lot better now.
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Svensk Tiger

#6 Post by Svensk Tiger »

I've had braces for 14 months and will be having a Le Fort 1 (to raise my maxilla) and a BSSO (mandibular advancement) to correct my class II.
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

juf_84

#7 Post by juf_84 »

Hi vivi,

I've got a class II as well. I'm in braces and class II elastics to fix things up.

Estimated treatment time: 9-12 months.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm a class II but dental, not skeletal - caused by forward shift of my top teeth after extractions in my teens. A classical case of 80s orthodontic bungling :?

I'm having my entire top arch retracted using mini-implants and springs, and probably elastics later on. Apparently I'm a big challenge for my ortho as he wants to do the work without extracting any more teeth.