I got braced today! (pics included)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newlady24

I got braced today! (pics included)

#1 Post by newlady24 »

I am still figuring out the post pics process, so bare with me, nonetheless, these are my before braces/with braces pics. I only got the uppers today, I will get the lower at my 1st adjustment. My experiance thus far has been a breeze compared to what I prepared myself for. I have to admit I feel a bit robbed that I didn't get lowers today as well. I was ready to get the whole experiance over with. I will not complain whoever, because I think this way is easier. My teeth are starting to get sensitive, I am having trouble chewing, which surprised me because I am not having any pain. This is all very strange to me. I had no idea what my teeth really looked like until I took these pics.. I have been looking a hot mess all this time. It's a good thing I have a little esteem left

before:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/ ... TH2011.jpg

After braces appt today:
[img][img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/ ... TH3006.jpg[/img][/img]
BEAUTY IS SKIN DEEP, UGLY IS TO THE BONE!

TechChick

#2 Post by TechChick »

Good Luck with your braces and contrats on taking the first steps. :D You'll be amazed on how fast your teeth start to move.

How long do you have to wear them for? Again, Congrats and I wish you a speedy treatment.
TechChick,

If its not smoking then its a software problem

Kittysopretty

#3 Post by Kittysopretty »

Are those white ligs? They look gorgeous and you have GREAT teeth. They are big, white and shaped perfect. Once they are straight you will have movie star teeth! :wink:

newlady24

#4 Post by newlady24 »

Thank you for the compliment Kitty! I need it right now

My ligs are white. I like them too. I just had dinner and I was going to eat pasta and sauce and at the last minute I realized I cant eat red sauce. That meant noodles with butter, salt&pepper. I really can only chew a little bit, but I am to greedy to eat soup. Sorry for the "in your face"
picture. Better luck next time.
BEAUTY IS SKIN DEEP, UGLY IS TO THE BONE!

Brooke

#5 Post by Brooke »

Congrats on the start to a new smile! :D Let us know how the next few weeks go for you!
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

OneTime

#6 Post by OneTime »

Congrat on starting a journey!!!!!

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

bracesmom

#7 Post by bracesmom »

newlady24 wrote:Thank you for the compliment Kitty! I need it right now

My ligs are white. I like them too. I just had dinner and I was going to eat pasta and sauce and at the last minute I realized I cant eat red sauce. That meant noodles with butter, salt&pepper. I really can only chew a little bit, but I am to greedy to eat soup. Sorry for the "in your face"
picture. Better luck next time.
LOL! I was just going to post a caution for you. I got blue pearl colored ones and they turned tan (rubber band color :x ). So I'm glad you know to be watchful!

Your braces really do look good. I wanted clear but I couldn't get them. I have way to much pushing and pulling going on in my mouth.

Best to you!

smilezofmetal2

#8 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

Congrats on your journey...Check out my website...we are kind of on a similar journey. Good Luck :-88

jcdamon3

#9 Post by jcdamon3 »

newlady24:

Your bottoms look so perfect! My bottom teeth were a mess so my lower brackets had to be put on right away. Now the top is just hanging around waiting for the bottom to get to the same phase as the top. And I might add that the top is not in the most attractive place possible! :) I have gaps and wonky teeth on top right now.

Goog luck on your journey!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Serenity

#10 Post by Serenity »

Oh my goodness your teeth look very similar to mine pre-braces. I had a diastema too, it closed within 6 months,only very slight space there that no one can notice but me and the Ortho.