Where is everyone from?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toffeebraces1878

#31 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

I'm from the UK too, i'm from Liverpool :)

psych braces

#32 Post by psych braces »

I'm from the US, I live in New York and do not know anyone in their 40's who have braces. I paid the full bill for my orthodontics since my insurance doesn't cover any ortho care if you are over 18 years of age. Ortho care in New York is quite expensive and from what I can see, it is rare for adults. I have been to my ortho office a total of 6 times since beginning this journey and have not come across an adult being served yet.

Wongohk

#33 Post by Wongohk »

Hong Kong, wish i have done it early on in high school when treatment was much cheaper!

Tooth brush used 3
Dental Flossed used (approx) 200m
Cost of dental floss so far HKD105
Cost of mouth wash HKD210 (3nd bottle)

Sandpiper

#34 Post by Sandpiper »

I'm in the UK too - in Buckinghamshire. I haven't seen anyone my age (40s) in braces locally, but one or two in their 20s. However, now I am looking at people's teeth with a critical eye, I notice all the people who SHOULD be in braces!! My treatment is supposed to last 18 months to 2 years....I'm hoping for 18 months, so I will be free by Christmas 2011!!
471 days in braces

[/url]

lilfoot1112

#35 Post by lilfoot1112 »

US here Philadelpha PA I've only seen a hand full of adults here and my best friend being one of them.

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

Ionika

#36 Post by Ionika »

i'm from Romania and my ensurance doesnt cover my dental problems, so i'm paying 2000E for my braces and 30-40 E for every appointment, depending on what they change...
it is on the rather expensive end of the prices here...

i haven't seen any other adults in braces but i have a friend that is the same age and will get them second time round, for an open bite that came back :)

sammywantstraightteeth

#37 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

I'm in England.

I know a 'friend of a friend' who had braces as an adult - but other than that I don't know anyone else who has.

Some people at work are curious. Some are just like 'what is the point in that'. Others ask why I didn't have it done when I was a teenager like everyone else (I stopped going to the dentist when I was 12. Hated it, and my parents didn't make me go beyond that).

Now that I've got braces, I notice other people's teeth all the time. And lots of adults have wonky teeth. I'm glad that in a year or so I won't be one of them :)

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

sunsmile

#38 Post by sunsmile »

I come from HK too and I've had teeth braces for about 1 year.

footpounds

#39 Post by footpounds »

I'm in Texas.....y'all. :wink:

bb2811

#40 Post by bb2811 »

I'm from Canberra, Australia. Braces here are pretty expensive but are partially covered by private health insurance. There are a few adults around with braces - either for a second time or because their parents couldn't afford to get them when their kids were younger.

JessieJ

#41 Post by JessieJ »

I am from Victoria, Australia. Don't know any adults personally with braces most had them at school. But I am keeping my eye out.
My private health does not cover orthodontics but is tax claimable I have been told, will need to look into it. Expensive but have been saving :lol:
Jess

slightlycrooked

#42 Post by slightlycrooked »

I'm from Sydney Australia and i've only ever seen one older adult in braces, however quite a few of my friends (also 18) are still in/now getting braces :)

EstelleDeParis

#43 Post by EstelleDeParis »

I live in the US.

I ended up being more self conscious of my teeth than I was since I live in the US and decided to pay out of pocket to get them fixed.

Sambo

Re:

#44 Post by Sambo »

[quote="toffeebraces1878"]I'm from the UK too, i'm from Liverpool :)[/quote]

I'm from Liverpool tooooooooo :D

sophier

Re: Where is everyone from?

#45 Post by sophier »

I'm in New Zealand. A lot of teenagers here get braces around 13-14, but I know a few older teens and adults that have had them.

Braces are VERY expensive here. Especially the damon ones (which I'm getting) :(