How often do you brush/floss/rinse in a day?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

arciedee

Re: How often do you brush/floss/rinse in a day?

#16 Post by arciedee »

Brush: Three times a day (morning, after lunch, before bed)
Floss: Once a day (before bed... unless I forget, then morning... but it takes so long now with the Carriere in that I am much better about doing it at night)
Rinse: Only when I feel like I need to... I've been drinking more water with my meals to help move along anything that's gotten stuck in the hardware!

rhibee83

#17 Post by rhibee83 »

Brush: 3 times a day
Floss: Sometimes morning and lunch if something is stuck, but always at night.
Rinse: Don’t really rinse, more just swish water and swallow, but tend to rinse after dinner. Mouthwash a bed time cleaning.

xanidu2012

#18 Post by xanidu2012 »

Im a stay at home mom so I brush and rinse several times a day and floss before bed.

Leebie3

#19 Post by Leebie3 »

Brush -1 sometimes 2
Floss -1
Rinse - water after every meal, mouthwash 1

Ortho said my teeth are incredibly clean..

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

catj1981

#20 Post by catj1981 »

Brush 3-4 times
Floss usually once every other day (sometimes more/sometimes less)
Rinse with water constantly. Rinse with mouth wash morning and night.

I'm a firm believer that good oral hygiene makes your treatment time faster. I'm 3 months ahead of schedule per my ortho. Getting all that crap out from in between your teeth gives them room to move....makes sense to me!

Winkos

#21 Post by Winkos »

a) Brush- Five to six times a day
b) Floss- One to two
c) Rinse- Two