Please hold my hand!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

onedayperfect

#16 Post by onedayperfect »

welcome and good luck :D

mg

#17 Post by mg »

So........how'd it go???????

missfashionista

#18 Post by missfashionista »

^^^

It went well, thanks for asking! I had posted an update right after your previous post.

How are yours coming along? The only thing that is bothering me is that I am unable to eat. That's quite normal right? And the soreness will go away soon so I can go back to eating normal again? It really sucked last night coz my hubby is a chef and he cooked a really yummy dinner and all I could eat was soup... :(

mg

#19 Post by mg »

Ah, yes, I see the post. Tuesday is the big day for me. Yup, everything is sore with spacers moving teeth around. The good advice I've been reading along the way is to stick with smoothies and soup. I know what you mean about missing great food. But this is all temporary. How are you experiencing cleaning? Again, from what I've read here on this site a waterpik is highly suggested. And, have you had to use the wax yet? Obviously, this is all new to me. This site is very helpful.

Have a nice weekend. Thanks for support.

missfashionista

#20 Post by missfashionista »

mg wrote:Ah, yes, I see the post. Tuesday is the big day for me. Yup, everything is sore with spacers moving teeth around. The good advice I've been reading along the way is to stick with smoothies and soup. I know what you mean about missing great food. But this is all temporary. How are you experiencing cleaning? Again, from what I've read here on this site a waterpik is highly suggested. And, have you had to use the wax yet? Obviously, this is all new to me. This site is very helpful.

Have a nice weekend. Thanks for support.
Good luck to you on Tuesday! I have to read up about spacers. I didn't have to use it before I got braced.

Cleaning is OK, I've been eating soft food lately so they are easy to get out when I brush. Although the other day, I had spaghetti and that got stuck in my braces alot more.

Yes, I have to use my wax quite frequently actually. My poor cheeks are totally cut up!! It hurts to eat hot food...

All this is very new to me as well and I am glad to have found this forum!