Post Your COVID-19 Orthodontic Stories or Concerns

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittleTooth

Re: Post Your COVID-19 Orthodontic Stories or Concerns

#16 Post by LittleTooth »

My late March appointment got cancelled and I didn't see my ortho before early June. At least I was lucky I had my teeth cleaned in late Feb. If that delay didn't happen my braces would have been removed in early June. Now I have to wait until late Aug. I don't mind as I'm used to delays thanks to my ankylosed premolar. I'm thankful that they were able to start seeing patients that soon. It could have been worse. I consider myself lucky that my braces are getting removed during the summer, because if a 2nd wave arrives, who knows for how long they will be closed again.

vampirefangs22

#17 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I believe that the pandemic definitely caused delays in my orthodontic treatment. I probably would be in Hawley retainers by now if the pandemic didn't cause a 6 month delay between my March 5th, 2020 and September 11th, 2020 appointments. It also caused my scheduled expose and bond for April or May 2020 (can't remember which month exactly) to be moved to October 2020.

lefortfort

#18 Post by lefortfort »

I worry about getting pre-surgery braces again and being stuck with them because the surgery might keep getting postponed. Or paying for the surgery and having to wait for months/years.

bigopenbite

#19 Post by bigopenbite »

I chickened out of my lefort 1/BSSO, the price: an extra 1-2 yrs in braces, and the addition of headgear. So far I am glad to have skipped the lefort.