Does the ortho provide you with a fluoride paste to get rid of the white spots

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Michu

Does the ortho provide you with a fluoride paste to get rid of the white spots

#1 Post by Michu »

Okay, hopefully I'm getting my top ceramic braces off in 4 months. I have two white spots one area in between my teeth, and one on my lateral left side. When you get your braces off does the orthodontist provide you with like a fluoride paste called MI paste or remain pro? To re-mineralize the white spots.

Msdanyale

Re: Does the ortho provide you with a fluoride paste to get rid of the white spots

#2 Post by Msdanyale »

My ortho gives fluoride toothpaste from the beginning of treatment until the end...did they start you off with some at first? I'm new to the brace life...only had mine a month now.

Michu

Re: Does the ortho provide you with a fluoride paste to get rid of the white spots

#3 Post by Michu »

He didn't give me fluoride paste. I think if you use it too much you can also get white spots. I know about MI Paste or remain pro helps to re-mineralized white spots. It was my fault for drinking soda bc I'm an addict. Back to drinking water, till I get it off in 4 months

Juliebrynn1

#4 Post by Juliebrynn1 »

My orthodontist did not provide any type of toothpaste. My daughter, who went to the same place (12 yrs old), was also not provided a toothpaste. She has a white spot on one of her teeth. I didn;t even know there was something that could get rid of it.

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

if you're talking about those white squares after the brackets are removed, you can get rid of them by swishing coconut oil, also called oil pulling. I had some minor spots on my premolars and I swished 2 teaspoons for 10 minutes per day. Within a few days, the stains were almost completely gone. I've forgotten to do it a few days here and there but a month in, I can definitely tell you it works. Not only does it get rid of the stains, but it's healthy for your gums, and it also whitens your teeth.

FlowerPower

#6 Post by FlowerPower »

No, he didn't. But I found out about something called Elmex Gelee on another forum and I use that 3x a week. You're only supposed to use it 1x but since I have braces and have had cavity issues int he past so I want to be extra safe

Michu

#7 Post by Michu »

Oh wow, so many different ways and brands to get rid of white spots. Not just square spots bc we all know we will get them. Like the hard areas we can't reach like in between the teeth where white spot will form. I just heard about the renin pro and MI Paste

Msdanyale

#8 Post by Msdanyale »

Michu wrote:He didn't give me fluoride paste. I think if you use it too much you can also get white spots. I know about MI Paste or remain pro helps to re-mineralized white spots. It was my fault for drinking soda bc I'm an addict. Back to drinking water, till I get it off in 4 months
It's called CTx4 Gel 5000. I was instructed to use it in the morning and before I go to bed and not to eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after using it