Braced Musicians

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LisainTX

Braced Musicians

#1 Post by LisainTX »

Hi!
I was just wondering how many of you here are musicians and how braces have effected your performing? Especially some of you who may be in marching band. Can you still play the instruments? I can't even imagine what it is like.
Personally I am a drummer (5 pc classic rock band) and didn't think about it....until I had to sing. Life changed. LOL I can still sing, of course, but feeling brackets rubbing against my lips is not so fun.
How does one survive woodwinds, brass, all of the others???? Its got to be quite an adjustment!

anacsilva

Re: Braced Musicians

#2 Post by anacsilva »

Hey!

I play the flute and it was really hard for me to play during the first couple of months. However, I got used to it and inevitably changed my embouchure.

As for singing, it's also really different... it's like some words come out more 'closed' and in some songs I have a lisp (I had a reeeeeally really tiny micro lisp before but it gets worse when singing)
Ana, the (probably) most paranoid and obsessed human being on this Earth. Big mistake, putting something on my teeth for years while I can freely obsess over it :P

Top braces (front and left side): February 21st, 2016
Top braces (full): ...... it was supposed to be a month later
Bottom braces: probably never, at this speed!