How is everyone going with their braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ditsy

Re: How is everyone going with their braces?

#16 Post by ditsy »

About a year now :D I think they said anything from a year to 2, maybe 3 depending on how fast my canine moved! To be honest I was just happy they were doing it lol! I am now guessing I have about 6months left, the tooth has moved very fast. I don't ask for times because I want it to be perfect and don't want them to rush the treatment xx

mandla

#17 Post by mandla »

I am only a week and can't wait to see the results at the end of it. I hope this will be worth it. My sentence is 17 months. Diastema and overbite is my problem.

lilyflower

#18 Post by lilyflower »

Invisalign four months in out of 18. Really have not had any problems. I feel extremely lucky
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

NeilH

#19 Post by NeilH »

Last day with braces, need I say more!

mandla

#20 Post by mandla »

I am going for installations of my bottom teeth braces nextweek. I wonder how uncomfortable it will be to have mouth full of wires as both upper and lower teeth will be on braces.

djspeece

#21 Post by djspeece »

NeilH wrote:Last day with braces, need I say more!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

NeilH

#22 Post by NeilH »

djspeece wrote:
NeilH wrote:Last day with braces, need I say more!
Thanks Dan, I have posted a couple of quick snaps on my story and an account of how it all went. I will take some proper finishing photos in the next few days.

blade092

#23 Post by blade092 »

I just started mine out 2 days ago... :(
The soreness and the amount of food to be avoided is killing me haha

LongJourney

#24 Post by LongJourney »

Well I had braces for 4 months now, about to get my third month adjustment on March 10th, so excited for that. I got headgear at my last appointment and sadly I haven't wore yet :( IT'S SO HARD TO SLEEP WITH IT!!!
I honestly tried for the first week but I just couldn't. Also it was eating up my sleep and I had school. But I'm suppose to wear it for 6 hours a night so I'm just going to wear it during the days I don't have work around the house. I sometimes wear my rubber bands..I know I know, I'm not a good patient but sometimes I just forget.
What's really bothering me is the lower extraction gap on the bottom teeth. Ugh it's gotten bigger and bigger and i constantly have to hide it with dental wax
Yes.. dental wax. I can never go outside with my gap uncovered. It looks like I have two teeth missing.
Idk if it's just me but my overbite is getting better. I always check but it seems to have decreased.
My teeth are pretty straight, just gaps that's all.
Other then that, I'm all good :)

LongJourney

#25 Post by LongJourney »

[quote="blade092"]I just started mine out 2 days ago... :(
The soreness and the amount of food to be avoided is killing me haha[/quote]

Hey blade, I know how you feel. We've all been through the horrible first week where we all felt like taking the braces off. It'll get better and trust me it's definitely worth it :)

blade092

#26 Post by blade092 »

LongJourney wrote:
blade092 wrote:I just started mine out 2 days ago... :(
The soreness and the amount of food to be avoided is killing me haha
Hey blade, I know how you feel. We've all been through the horrible first week where we all felt like taking the braces off. It'll get better and trust me it's definitely worth it :)
Sup LongJourney, Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just wondering if many people had springs used to close an extraction gap? I have a 5-6mm gap where my first premolar used to be on my left, and also wondering how long it took some people to actually see some movement, like at least a millimeter?

blade092

#27 Post by blade092 »

I got my 1st Premolar extracted due to my upper row of teeth not on the centerline and also I have an extreme overbite :x

Mish11

#28 Post by Mish11 »

Only on day 6, long way to go but so far all the soreness and tenderness is gone! I'm able to eat again, tiny bites and soft foods of course. And I have actually lost about 4 pounds since I eliminated soda, candy and sweets, so I'm loving the results with my new diet and loving my brace face!

poetgirl115

#29 Post by poetgirl115 »

On day 6 today. Scheduled to go in at 7 weeks for a checkup and adjustment. My ortho called me on Monday to see how I was doing, if I was in pain, etc. Nice touch!

Sentenced for 18 months with my primary problem being crowding. My two top lateral incisors are pushed back, so we're making a little room for them now, and my four bottom front teeth are a little huddled together. lol

I'm really hoping this doesn't take longer than prescribed, as I'm hoping to start a Ph.D. program very soon after I get these ceramic monsters off my chompers. :)

Soreness is slowly ebbing, and I actually had a few potato chips (broken up very small) last night! :D

cdmoses6

#30 Post by cdmoses6 »

I'm 11 days shy of 1 year in braces!! I had an overbite, Class II Division II Malocclusion, and some crowding on the bottom. I had 2 upper premolars removed, TADs, upper power chain, and Class 2 Manatee elastics (only at night now). My gaps have closed and only a few more adjustments to be made! I was sentenced to 2 years, so anything short of that will be exciting!
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229