Newbie saying hi

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cadillacgrillz

Newbie saying hi

#1 Post by Cadillacgrillz »

Just signed up to the message board. I have had full metal braces for 3 weeks now and so far it's going great. Noticed slight movement but nothing too drastic yet. Anyway hi everyone!

jhgsupra

Re: Newbie saying hi

#2 Post by jhgsupra »

Mine have been on for two weeks now and it seems like an eternity since that first day. So you're already noticing movement in your teeth? That's amazing. I look every day hoping thee will be something noticeable but so far nothing.

My teeth have that minor sensitive feeling like you got hit in the mount but nothing too severe. I don't however have any attachments on my back molars. If and when that happens it will be a whole new ball game

jhgsupra

#3 Post by jhgsupra »

...and OBTW, "Hi!"

I'm happy to have this forum available. Without it I may not have actually pulled the trigger on getting my braces. Everyone is very supportive.

KeepSmilingg

#4 Post by KeepSmilingg »

Hello!

I just got my braces on this monday (that just passed, 29th), also new to the forums. First 3 days were painful, but the pain is starting to subside and i'm able to eat most foods now.

Cadillacgrillz

#5 Post by Cadillacgrillz »

Yeah by slight movement I mean that I'm noticing when I floss it's getting easier to get in between some teeth(I have a lot of crowding) and yeah I look in the mirror everyday too to see if anything looks different...

AccioBraces

#6 Post by AccioBraces »

Hello! :) I'm new here as well!
It's been five months since I put on braces :D

kboykb

#7 Post by kboykb »

Hi there! Welcome to the forums. Planning on getting mine by December. Great to have you aboard

elliejelly

#8 Post by elliejelly »

Hi! I'm new too. I've been researching treatment for my open bite, and this community has been so helpful! :)

Uglybetty1

#9 Post by Uglybetty1 »

Hi there, I'm new as well! I've had my braces on for about a month now, just top 6 and bottom 6... Getting the full set on on Friday. I've opted for FastBraces, I know the risks, but my nearest orthodontist is over 2 hours drive away and I work full time, so it wasn't really an option. The dental practise I'm in have won lots of awards though, so I'm hoping for the best. I'm 26, from the UK, should have had braces when I was younger but my mum thought my gaps were 'cute' (spoiler.. They're not cute!). I have an overbite, my furthest back lower molar is impacted and I have really bad gaps between my top 6 teeth, but there's been great progress there already.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress, as I know Fast Braces aren't the best or most complete option and can be pot luck depending on the quality of your dentist. :)

Zora

#10 Post by Zora »

Hey! I've been in braces for a little over 11 months now, though I JUST discovered this site. I wish I knew about it sooner, then I wouldn't agonize every time my braces are practically trying to kill me.

Mufti

#11 Post by Mufti »

Hello, I´m new as well. Been braced for 7 weeks and can't wait to see ho my teeth will look by the end of this!

djspeece

#12 Post by djspeece »

Welcome! I'm technically out of the club as of October 29 but still frequent this forum as well as the one on retainers and life after braces. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying