I got a powerchain!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

furious george

I got a powerchain!

#1 Post by furious george »

Yippee! However, it's tied. Like, with a knot. The knot is kind of at the bottom corner of one of my brackets and it's poking at my lip. It would be nice if it were positioned at the top corner of a bracket, because then it would sit under the archwire.

Anyone know if I can maybe take a set of needle nose tweezers when I get home and reposition it to where I'd prefer?

TIA!
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

Mitch11

Re: I got a powerchain!

#2 Post by Mitch11 »

The end of my powerchain was irritating me and I tried what you plan on doing - ended up snapping the power chain off the last bracket. Would recommend wax or a return the doc to do the trim.

:-+ :-+

furious george

#3 Post by furious george »

Thanks! Wax it is!

She gave me the powerchain early as I was just in to repair that stupid bracket I swallowed...the last thing I want to do is snap it. It's on my central incisors, and I'm pretty excited about closing that gap. I go back at the end of the month, I'll have them fix it when they re-tie it.
Female, Age 37

sbjforumman

#4 Post by sbjforumman »

[quote="furious george"]Thanks! Wax it is!

She gave me the powerchain early as I was just in to repair that stupid bracket I swallowed...the last thing I want to do is snap it. It's on my central incisors, and I'm pretty excited about closing that gap. I go back at the end of the month, I'll have them fix it when they re-tie it.[/quote]

Swallowed!

Dang. How did that one go down?

furious george

#5 Post by furious george »

Isn't that funny? Yum!

Believe it or not, this powerchain has closed almost the entire gap in less than 24 hours!!!
Female, Age 37