Looking for some sympathy...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Huggypillow

Looking for some sympathy...

#1 Post by Huggypillow »

Well i went back to the dentist yesterday and i had the braces put on my top teeth, ( had braces on the bottom for almost 3 months) he took off 4 brackets off the back teeth ( bottom) as he said these others would be stronger. they have tubes along the side. Top teeth done same thing the 2 very back molars are still naked as he said he can't reach them yet. I didn't realise how far back my teeth go. Im just glad i had my wisdom teeth out all those years ago.

So i have been officially entered into the world of pain, cant bite down, hard to talk because those tube things are digging chunks out of my cheeks i tried wax about 100 times but it just wont stick. i have had to manual toothbrush and mouthwash i just cant use floss the thought brings me to tears, i hope it will settle in the next day or so so i can floss ( i double flossed yesterday before going to my appointment)

does anyone wake up with their lips stuck to all this metal.

I just feel like crawling under a rock cuddling a bottle of mouthwash for a few days ( and a box of painkillers)

When will i get back to somewhat normal feeling

ashesgap

Re: Looking for some sympathy...

#2 Post by ashesgap »

I had those back brackets put on a few months into treatment, and yeah they're a bit painful. Hurts doing almost anything. Salt water rinses help a lot, the mouthwash might just burn. And of course continue to take advil or something every four hours. Otherwise, just like the other brackets, you just have to adjust to them.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Crazy4Snow

#3 Post by Crazy4Snow »

I feel for ya, been there, done that. It will pass I promise you...be patient. It took an entire week before the pain subsided to a tolerable level and even now I have "my days" but it's temporary.

Everytime you think you can't stand it anymore, just think of how beautiful your smile will be when it's all done.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

Huggypillow

#4 Post by Huggypillow »

Thank you for your kind replies, gee i hope it passes soon.

i tried to eat a piece of boiled pasta, but after the tears subsided i decided perhaps not.

So to cheer myself up i started singing while waiting for the microwave to finish.

" jingle bells jingle bells i'm in so much pain, I can't believe i'm eating scrambelled eggs again".

I think this big baby needs to have a lay down for a while.

lambchop

#5 Post by lambchop »

"does anyone wake up with their lips stuck to all this metal?"

Funny, I've thought that to myself in the morning...it's like the inside of my mouth has fused to the metal or something overnight and I have to consciously un-pry my cheeks and lips from the brackets...a very strange sensation!

chainreaction

#6 Post by chainreaction »

My inside of my lips are always stuck to the metal ..have to slowly wet my mouth with my tongue to remove them ....I guess I sleep with my mouth open and breathe thru my mouth ...pain in the butt I say ....But I have gotten used to it....

yoginbraces

#7 Post by yoginbraces »

Warm salt water rinses, warm salt water rinses, warm salt rinses!!!

Your cheeks, gums, and everything in between need to toughen up and the salt water rinses DO help. Wax has never worked for me so I don't bother anymore. Right now I am pain free but there have been two or three periods of time during this 15 month journey where I literally thought I was going to need to have the braces removed it was so painful. Believe me (and others) THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY. Hang in there AND rinse.

bracketeer

#8 Post by bracketeer »

((HUGS))

It WILL get better...promise! Hang in there!
Embraced in a heavy metal romance with Damon since 8/10/11. This affair is destined to last at least 12 months : )