Where is everyone from?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TWild

Re: Where is everyone from?

#46 Post by TWild »

Mississippi, USA
34 years old
Braced 10-06-2008
De-Braced 11-21-2011 Woohoo!

jessicamay

#47 Post by jessicamay »

I'm from the UK - one of the southern suburbs of London, aged 25 :-)

I know a few adults who have had braces...fortunately I've been been able to afford to go with lingual braces on top and ceramic on bottom so nobody notices.

My ortho has been great, the initial consultation was free of charge and I went for a 20 month interest free payment plan, I've only got 8 payments left to go woohoo!

Have been in the braces for a year, hoping to have them off come spring time.

And I'm exactly the same with suddenly turning critical of other people's teeth - it's awful! Although I guess I've earned the right to have an opinion?!

2inlove04

#48 Post by 2inlove04 »

28 from Alexandria, VA Brace Date is 1/14 @ 9:30 my cost is 5275 I'm taking a 20 month interest free payment plan. First Consultation was free
Braced on Jan 14, 2011

JennyLaughs

#49 Post by JennyLaughs »

I'm living in North West Arkansas and my dental insurance doesn't cover anything orthodontic for members over 24. I'm 28, so boo to them! My medical insurance claims they'll pay $2500 but my ortho's assistant informed me that it's a long process to get med insurance to pay and there are no guarentees. My treatment is costing me $5275 and I had to take a part time job (I'm a stay at home mom with two little girls) to pay for this. As long as it saves my teeth, I'm willing to do whatever it takes, just wish it wasn't so hard to get insurance to do what they're suppose to do... we pay them like we're suppose to, they should live up to their side of the bargain when we need them.

drgnchsr36

#50 Post by drgnchsr36 »

SoCal (Southern California).. and I don't think it's the "norm" here.. I've known a few adults with braces, but it doesn't seem to be the usual. Here, it seems that most have had braces when they were younger.

My family, none of us kids had braces.. now I have braces the same time as my niece!

katiemcb09

#51 Post by katiemcb09 »

I'm from Ohio. Being the super smart individual I am, I waited until I turned 23 and got kicked off dad's insurance to get braces... so now paying for it all myself! Yayyy. LOL. I could have continued dental insurance for $150 a month, but it only would've covered $1000 of orthodontics, so not worth it.

I know one girl in my college has braces, but that's it. One of my sorority sisters had braces when we were in undergrad... those are really the only two I can think of. Boyfriend said one of his professors has braces. Not many of us!

24 y/o, 1st timer, ceramic top 6, metal everywhere else
Estimated: 28 months
http://missmetalmouth.wordpress.com/

ryan91

#52 Post by ryan91 »

I'm from scotland :)

uvraise

#53 Post by uvraise »

From the U.S.A., Philadelphia PA!

ngarner0717

#54 Post by ngarner0717 »

I'm in the US! Las Vegas, NV to be exact. I'm so not doing what my parents did to me by never dealing with my impacted canine to my child. I'm 25 and finally finishing up my go around in braces (paid out of pocket for everything on my own!). If my child needs braces she is getting it taken care of before she gets out of high school.

tashay1985

#55 Post by tashay1985 »

I'm from Boston Massachusetts, US. But my treatment in braces is in Kansas because we are stationed here as a military family. My insurance (Tricare Dental/United Concordia) Does Not cover orthodontics for myself, only if you're under 23 years old, (which I am not) they Only pay $1,500. Not much at all. I had to pay for all my Orthodontic expenses out of pocket and 60% of my 6 tooth extractions also. :o

andi3

#56 Post by andi3 »

I'm from Washington state.

bp88

#57 Post by bp88 »

UK! Isle of Man.

goodteethby2013

#58 Post by goodteethby2013 »

washington state, USA.
I don't see a lot of adults wearing braces out and about, except at the ortho's office.