Should I eat with Elastics?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracedup

Re: Should I eat with Elastics?

#16 Post by bracedup »

I do all the time because i cant be bothered taking them out. However, if having a full meal i do take them off because if i dont they tend to flick off anyway...ugh!

yoginbraces

#17 Post by yoginbraces »

Thanks everyone, I will try eating with them in. Right now my configuration is from the canines on each side to two lower teeth at the bottom so it creates a triangle on each side (sorry, I don't know the technical name). The extra strong elastics may make it difficult to chew but I will give it a try. It will be worth it if my progress improves.

Want2smile

#18 Post by Want2smile »

I haven't had elastics that long but do take them out to eat. I don't like the way food wraps itself around them and I have to take them out after eating to clean my teeth anyway.

Elastics are a pain but very clever little things!

14mm overjet :shock:
Ceramic braces at 25
Estimated treatment time 2 years :cry: