Got 'em today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph in Sac

Got 'em today

#1 Post by Steph in Sac »

I got clear braces on my lower teeth today. I am 36 and had full metal braces from 13-16. The bottom teeth have just crowded over the years and I couldn't stand looking at them anymore.

So far, so good. My mouth is sore, of course. I like the clear braces. I am only bothered that the clear ligatures may get stained with my favorites--coffee and red wine. It was offered that I can visit them every 2 weeks for a change of ligatures.

I was very excited to get these and then was nervous this morning. I have no regrets...yet. :lol:

ana

#2 Post by ana »

Congrats on your new braces!!!

I got mine 2 days ago, only lowers just like you. I have metal though.
So far so good. Of course the wax helps. The only challenge right now is eating, as I still can't stand to chew anything. I've been sticking to soup these first few days.
But it does get better with time. I feel a huge difference from the first day already :)

TigerLily

#3 Post by TigerLily »

Grey or smoke ligs may help with staining.

My ortho uses wire ligatures (tie wires) because of staining and I've been happy with them. But after I mentioned what people say about grey and smoke ligs on archwired in response to my power chains which got stained, she's ordered some of them in.

Steph in Sac

#4 Post by Steph in Sac »

Congrats on your braces too! I have been sticking to a liquid diet until today. I tried soft mac-n-cheese for lunch. It worked out OK. I brushed immediately after and noticed one of my back ligs is already yellowish! It was either the cheese or the white tea I had last night. I may opt for pearl next time. (or the smoke ones you mentioned)

I am sore and flossing about killed me. I am happy though. I talked to another mom at my daughter's school today for a few minutes. She offered me a snack and when I declined due to by new braces, she looked surprised. She didn't even know I had them on. Now, those are good braces! :wink: