I'm now back from my placement!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Summer73

I'm now back from my placement!!!!

#1 Post by Summer73 »

It was a smooth placement for me today. They only placed my top brackets today and will put a spacer on my visit in 7 weeks between two of my lower right molars. The last visit after that will be the week after and they'll place my lower brackets, bite plate and elastics.

allisun

#2 Post by allisun »

Congrats, fellow Texan, on starting your journey! :D

All Smiles

#3 Post by All Smiles »

Glad your appointment went well Summer73! I also had my top arch braced today. I wrote a big description of everything from my appointment this morning to post dinner in your previous message (before your placement). Please go check it out and let me know how your first days are going!

I am just really excited they are finally on my teeth. I had the worst anxiety last night and my stress level was through the roof. I couldn't stop thinking about how they would look to me and to other people, and how they would feel in my mouth. But I am glad that it is finally happening. My boyfriend says he is really proud of me because I have wanted this for a long time. Good job to you too!! :P

Summer73

#4 Post by Summer73 »

Thank you all so very much! I've been expecting pain by now and nothing. I have no discomfort or pain whatsoever. I took ibuprofen right before going for my placement yesterday and haven't taken anything else. I really only feel a bit of pressure but that's about it. I'm also starting to get the canker sores now as a lot of my brackets have the hook on them. The food...........ah......the food. I'm amazed at just HOW MUCH food gets stuck. I go rinse my mouth immediately after eating. That gets most of it as long as I rinse several times.