Sonicare or Oral-B

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

miss25

Sonicare or Oral-B

#1 Post by miss25 »

Just bought the sonicare e5550 from costco and have not opened it. Having second thoughts about it and may get the oral B professional instead.

The brush heads are cheaper for the oral B also.

What would you do?? Exchange the Sonicare for oral-B, orjust keep it?

Audra

#2 Post by Audra »

Having owned both, I would go with the Oral B. I find it does a much better job.

miss25

#3 Post by miss25 »

Audra wrote:Having owned both, I would go with the Oral B. I find it does a much better job.
Is there a difference in which one? I was looking to get the oralB- professional care 8950 at costco for $99 (comes with two) They also have the Oral-B triumph 9950 but thats $144

Audra

#4 Post by Audra »

I have the Oral B Professional Care (I think I have an 8850? but I'm not sure as I'm not at home right now). It was in my braces "gift bag" given to me by my orthodontist when I got braced. I absolutely love it. The sonicare I didn't like that much and ended up using a manual toothbrush after trying it out for a year.

socksy

#5 Post by socksy »

I have both an Oral-B Triumph and the Sonicare (got it free with my ortho welcome package). I much prefer the Oral-B.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

miss25

#6 Post by miss25 »

Thanks for the reply. I think I am about to make a trip to costco tonight and exchange my sonicare for the oral-B

UGHBRACES

#7 Post by UGHBRACES »

My Ortho comments on how clean my mouth is and i use the sonicare.

miss25

#8 Post by miss25 »

So I went to Costco last night and exchanged the toothbrush. I now have the oral-B and will be testing it out tonight after I let it charge.

They had two different brush heads at costco and I did not buy the replacements because the pack came with 2 of each so I will see which I like more. I am guessing my hubby will like the flossing action one and I will like the precision.

I wish this one came with the two travel cases like the sonicare but I guess if we travel we can take one brush and switch the heads out.

I will be saving money now as you get 7 oral-B brush heads for $32 as opposed to 4 sonicare heads for $37 :shock:

miss25

#9 Post by miss25 »

Well my oral-B fully charged this morning. Says to let it charge 16 hours. I used it and I am very pleased with my choice! My teeth are clean and it was easier to reach my wisdom teeth with it.

Summer73

#10 Post by Summer73 »

I've tried both and I prefer the Sonicare.

newsboysgrl777

#11 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

I know this thread is kind of old (was started last month), but I was just going through the debate of getting a sonicare or an oral b and which one! ANYWAY, I came across this thread and it does sound like most prefer oral b, but I have to make one very small complaint....

WHY DIDN'T MY ORTHO GIVE ME A COOL ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH ON BRACE DAY!?!?! WAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :cry: lol.

I got a manual toothbrush...but not one of those $200 ones! JEEZ. *pout*

pigonthego

#12 Post by pigonthego »

yep oral b for me :D

marycotter5678

#13 Post by marycotter5678 »

I have Oral B Triumph and I'm pretty happy with it - they have the orthodontic brush head and the power tip for it too which I got as well.
Although, honestly, I don't know if Sonicare and Oral B are really that much different.. although I've never used Sonicare..

Double-Jaw Surgery: Lefort I & BSSO (May 4, 2010)

newsboysgrl777

#14 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

Mary, that's the one I'm currently looking at getting...just trying to find the best price now. :)

newsboysgrl777

#15 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

Although, I have to admit that when I go to Oral-B's web site, a LOT of the power brushes seem to feature the same things (3D brushing, quad-timer, battery indicator, brush indicator, charging station, a place to store additional brush heads, the ability to use different brush heads, etc). So, are any of these brushes really different?? I looked at the Triump and the ProfessionalCare ... and they seem to be the same?!! Does anyone have any opinions on this? Or have you used either/both?

Thanks!!