Problems w/ gums

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvrsaynvr

Problems w/ gums

#1 Post by nvrsaynvr »

I woke up the other day and one of my teeth was killing me. (bottom) I rushed into the ortho's office and he wasnt there, but my regular dentist was.
He told me my gums were receding, because of the invisalign tray and my tooth was sensitive. He said its common. I was given some special toothpaste to use (15.00) and was told not to put my bottom tray on for at least two days. Well, its been 3 days and my tooth is getting a little better. My doctor told me to call him today (monday) to see how my tooth was doing. I told him only a little better. He told me to leave the tray off still.
I told him I was very concerned with my teeth moving back and he said, I have no choice. Even if I have to go back a tray or two, I have to let my gum heal. He new I was very PISSED :evil: and said not to worry too much, and to drop into his office when I get a chance, just so he can check my gums again.
So, I will probably be put behind on my progress. :cry:

nvrsaynvr

#2 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Forgot to mention... my dentist also was concerned that I hadnt gotten my teeth cleaned since I put my invisalign on. He said there is too much plaque and my teeth cant move properly with all the plaque build up. So, I scheduled a cleaning. (I told him the doctor shaved my teeth for movement - but he said plaque is building up in the spaces where he shaved my teeth) And also in the back of my teeth, so the trays arent fitting perfectly as they should.
***Note - this doctor that is telling me this, is my regular dentist who works very closely with my ortho... matter of fact, my regular dentist is someone who also did some of my shaving for the ortho) They work together.

Also, I have been noticing plaque build up also, because its getting harder to floss, even with the shaving of my teeth. At first I thought it was because my teeth were moving, but I can actually feel the plaque between my teeth. Also, I can feel the plaque build up in the back of my teeth.
Just a note to those who havent had their teeth cleaned that have invisalign.

diehard

#3 Post by diehard »

you did not say which tray u are on and why has the problem with plaque just started now i must admit iv never flossed its hard enough brushing at work covertly i can not spend any more time in the toilets than i do now i do use a metal toothpick to pick out meat ect from the gaps that are appering between my molars.

nvrsaynvr

#4 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Im on my 10th tray. Over half way done with my uppers and only half way with my lowers.
I guess overtime the plaque build up was getting worse. He told me about a month ago to come in and have my teeth cleaned, but I thought it was just a routine thing and he was just mentioning it. He actually got upset with me on Friday when he looked at my teeth and told me... "Didnt I tell you to come in and have your teeth cleaned" and I told him I didnt think it was a big deal... that is when he told me that my trays are being affected my the plaque. It all makes sense now.. as I mentioned in my other post - I had to leave in my other tray for five or six weeks because my trays werent fitting correctly.... NOW I know why.

diehard

#5 Post by diehard »

i just find it hard to believe that if people with invisalign brush 5 times a day and drink mainly water plaque can still build up. :D

waiting2smile

#6 Post by waiting2smile »

My dentist ( also my Invisalign guy ) has me on a 4 month cleaning schedule since my invisalign treatment started. So far I've had no problems, the hygenist even said to me last week that she loves to see me come in because my teeth are so clean. ( Im so obsessive about cleaning since my treatment began) Im not trying to say that anyone else is doing any less but I now know why he has me in for a cleaning every 4 months. Maybe its worth asking about extra cleaning for those of you having problems? It stinks to pay for the extra 2 cleaning ( no dental insurance for me :cry: ) but certainly worth it.

diehard

#7 Post by diehard »

i bet it don`t cost u £50 to get them cleaned i would be a bit miffed if they do not even need a clean but my orto will make that decision when i see her on the weekend. :D

nvrsaynvr

#8 Post by nvrsaynvr »

I used to brush my teeth constantly and eat quite a bit everyday. I used to brush every single time I would drink or eat. I dont anymore. I am 8 months into my Invisalign and it seems every month I get more lazy about caring for my teeth. I dont brush as often as I should. I drink coke alot and my cups of coffee have gone up to 4 cups a day. The only time I brush is after a meal, not after I drink. I dont floss like I should anymore and I think this is what is causing my gum problems. Especially because I have bad crowding on the bottom teeth. Especially where my gum is hurting. Ive been going through some major stress in life the last 2 months and have a huge surgery scheduled that will lay me on my back for four months. So, I am pretty lazy with life, including my teeth. (guess its called depressed) Also, I havent had a dental cleaning in over 8 months. I was thinking that because I brushed so often, I didnt need a professional cleaning, so I never went in. Now I regret it and found out that I was very wrong.
Anyway - my gums are starting to feel better and this special toothpaste is working. Im going to change to tray 11 this weekend. I hope they fit well. I started Invisalign around Aug 1st. I have to say that Invisalign has really worked well on my upper teeth and I am VERY happy with my smile!!! My friends really notice my teeth/smile now. I just have to go back to the habits of caring for my teeth as I used to when I first started invisalign.

nvrsaynvr

#9 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Oh, forgot to mention ... Im not sure how much 50 pounds is in dollars. But cleaning for me in the USA is $75.00.

waiting2smile

#10 Post by waiting2smile »

I pay $79.00 per cleaning (not including any xrays) thats about 69 Euro I think? :( .

diehard

#11 Post by diehard »

i win you just can`t beat rip off britain. people in usa will not have seen a line of hundreds of people waiting to sign up for some new nhs (nhs means you pay less than private and they are crap) dentist who is most likely a polish imagrant.

50.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 86.7418 USD