LINGUAL V LABIAL CERAMICS

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mb

LINGUAL V LABIAL CERAMICS

#1 Post by mb »

Hi

I have linguals on top and labial ceramics on bottom. I wasn't sure how I was going to adapt to linguals so I decided to have ceramics on my bottom teeth as I don't show my bottom teeth when I talk or smile (maybe because I have an overbite).

It took me about a week to adapt to my linguals and the same happened later with ceramics. I don't think linguals are more painful. At the moment I experience more disconfort with the ceramics but maybe this is because I only had them for 3 weeks.

My advice to anyone considering braces is that linguals work the same way as labial but in the inside of the teeth. They are more expensive but for adults it is worth it. Nobody knows I have braces and I will have them for 21 months!

I didn't like my teeth and tried not to show them when I smiled. Now I'm a lot more confident. The good thing about linguals is that you can really see the improvement during the treatment.

dkt3

#2 Post by dkt3 »

Good to hear from you again mb!!! how are your linguals going? and your teeth?
I love my linguals and really have very few problems. My speech is normal (though there are some words that I think sound weird but everyone says its in my head). The only trouble Ive had is brackets coming off at bad times. I think Ive had about seven or more repairs for broken brackets. I do know its because I clench at night (or did clench at night) and also due to the big forces being pulled back on my teeth, but it has been the most annoying part. Ive now had them for seven months and three weeks and my teeth are getting straighter but there is still a bit to go. I am really happy with my decision!

mb

#3 Post by mb »

Hi dkt3

I'm also very happy with my decision. I haven't had any problems with brackets breaking. I would say the main problem for me is eating, it just takes longer and I try not to eat nuts and hard things.

I don't think I have any problem with my speech and nobody knows I have braces. Even if tell people they are surprised because they cannot see them.

I had my braces 7 months ago, I remember it was just a couple of weeks after you had them. The space of the 2 extractions has almost closed but I know have spaces between teeth that I didn't have before, like my front teeth. But I can see how they move every month, and I'm sure the tiny space in my front teeth will close next month.

In my case there is still a lot to improve too. I've had the braces for 1/3 of the total time (21 months in total for me).