Is this possible?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JR

Is this possible?

#1 Post by JR »

Had braces for about 20 months now. Linguals on top, clears on bottom. Anyway, it looks as though my bottom arch is pretty much done. Just a few more adjustments. According to my ortho, he'll be done with my treatment in about another 10 months or so, as I still have pretty big gaps resulting from 2 extractions on the top arch. I am graduating this fall and will be interviewing for jobs starting in a few months. What I wanted to know is if the bottom arch is done, would an ortho ever consider placing a fixed retainer on the back of the bottom teeth, while leaving the bands on the back molars to continue retracting the upper arch? I really would like to avoid going on job interviews with visible braces if at all possible. Anyone know if this is something that could be done or not? Obviously, this is not in my treatment contract so I'd be willing to pay extra. Thanks!

rooroo

#2 Post by rooroo »

As long as you won't need elastics later in treatment I don't see why this would be a problem.

However, your bottom braces are probably not that noticable. I have metals on the bottom and you can kind of see them. With ceramics I imagine they'd be pretty subtle. I really wouldn't worry about the ceramics still being on and interviewing. No one cares about braces, least of all about bottom braces. If you don't get a job because you have braces, I would think you wouldn't want to work for a company like that anyway.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment