Bump Behind One Tooth...HELP

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stphnmiranda

Bump Behind One Tooth...HELP

#1 Post by stphnmiranda »

Hello,

A couple of days ago I started noticing a bump on my gums behind my left canine tooth. I, the hypochondriac that I am started Googling everything I could find, but everything turned back to it being gingivitis. I brush my teeth and floss three times a day even more depending if I have a snack. My gums don't bleed and there is no pain, it's not red, there is no puss coming out. It is just one bump behind the tooth. So I don't think its gingivitis.

It all seemed to have started when the dentist tightened my wires and the tooth started pushing back.

Has anyone had this problem and if so what is it?

assertives

Re: Bump Behind One Tooth...HELP

#2 Post by assertives »

stphnmiranda wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:24 am Hello,

A couple of days ago I started noticing a bump on my gums behind my left canine tooth. I, the hypochondriac that I am started Googling everything I could find, but everything turned back to it being gingivitis. I brush my teeth and floss three times a day even more depending if I have a snack. My gums don't bleed and there is no pain, it's not red, there is no puss coming out. It is just one bump behind the tooth. So I don't think its gingivitis.

It all seemed to have started when the dentist tightened my wires and the tooth started pushing back.

Has anyone had this problem and if so what is it?
I have not personally experienced this, could it be (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torus_mandibularis)?

Have you gone to see a dentist about it yet?

22at26

#3 Post by 22at26 »

If your tooth moved significantly, the gums are used to having space and are now squished together. I had a huge diastema and when it closed the gums protruded out the back because they simply had no where to be.
Braced Date: 06/29/2017
Expected Duration:22 months
Type: Damon Metal
Problems: Overjet, deep overbite, crowded and shifted lower teeth, hx trauma to central upper incisors with recent root canal and enamel fissures.

stphnmiranda

#4 Post by stphnmiranda »

[quote=22at26 post_id=501680 time=1524313976 user_id=30179]
If your tooth moved significantly, the gums are used to having space and are now squished together. I had a huge diastema and when it closed the gums protruded out the back because they simply had no where to be.
[/quote]

After the week my gums went back to normal and my teeth are starting to look more straight. Thank you, I was very concerned