uprighting a molar with partial braces on front and back of teeth

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chiquita

uprighting a molar with partial braces on front and back of teeth

#1 Post by chiquita »

Hello the beginning of August I got partial braces on my bottom teeth right hand side to Upright molar 31 number 30 is missing and I have been having problems with my jaw & neck and we think it's coming from the teeth because number 31 has tilted all the way down in the space of 30 & alignment is off. Anyhow first month went fine. Second month had an adjustment. Wire was sticking out on the brackets they ended up taking wire out putting a thicker wire and a thicker coil then had to trim wire and bend wire in so it wouldn't dig into the indide of my cheek too bad. Third month which my appointment was yesterday I go in the assistant was in a terrible mood was really rushing and I was really afraid of her knowledge on my teeth. So anyways she asked me what I'm in for I told her the coil feels like it's pulling too much now and is pushing tooth number 28 out of alignment. Also, actually number 31 is pretty much almost fully uprighted, but they are also trying to turn number 29 around because it's twisted so what's currently happening is 31 is upright 28 is pushing out and 29 is showing no turning into place. So the orthodontist takes a look at my mouth and what is going on he tells the assistant to put a chain behind 28 & 29 and activate the coil. I don't quite understand what that is supposed to do and I asked her. she was really rude and didn't explain it to me. She said the orthodontist should have explained it to me. anyhow, I check out get to my car and I feel something spinning behind number 28 I didn't think that was right so went back in. the dental assistants were still there..I showed it to one of them and they said no that's not right that's supposed to be connected. so basically the chain wasn't connected from 28 to 29 she didn't even connect it correctly. my question is I still don't understand how that's supposed to pull number 28 back in and turn number 29 into alignment while still uprighting number 31 I don't understand it. Thanks